Tag Archives: Illinois
- Churchill Downs completes 2 new acquisitions
March 11, 2019
Casino and racetrack operator Churchill Downs has now successfully acquired a casino property in Illinois and has also completed the acquisition of another property in Pennsylvania.
- Churchill Downs prepares for Illinois decision
February 25, 2019
If everything goes according to plan, Churchill Downs could soon own a majority stake in Rivers Casino Des Plaines in Illinois.
- New Illinois guv considering casinos to balance budget
January 15, 2019
The new Governor of Illinois is keen to remind everyone that he wants more gambling in the state, and hopes to build them near state borders.
- Churchill Downs buys majority stake in Rivers Casino Des Plaines
November 1, 2018
Churchill Downs Inc announces deal to pay up to $500m for "at least" a 50.1% stake in the Rivers Casino Des Plaines in Illinois.
- DC, Illinois take betting testimony, New Mexico takes actual wagers
October 18, 2018
District of Columbia and Illinois legislators hold hearing to talk about sports betting while New Mexico's Santa Ana Star casino starts taking wagers.
- Illinois lawmakers to push online gambling in upcoming session
August 7, 2018
Illinois lawmakers will have hearings on topic of online gambling on August 22 and October 2, 2018 in the state’s capital of Springfield.
‘Game of skill’ allows users to bet on bitcoin price movements
September 1, 2017
Disney, Fox: Genting lawsuit has no merit
November 30, 2018