Tag Archives: horseracing
- Israel pays GBI Racing £4.9m compensation for betting ban
January 3, 2018
Israel's government agrees to pay GBI Racing £4.9m as compensation for early termination of contract following Israel's race betting ban.
- UK bookmakers prepping GPS-based in-race betting technology
October 6, 2017
A "leading online bookmaker" in the UK is preparing to roll out GPS-based in-play betting on horse races, with the rest of the pack sure to follow.
- US racing industry expects 10% betting bump from new tax rules
September 28, 2017
US horserace pari-mutuel betting operators say new Internal Revenue Service reporting and withholding rules could boost annual pari-mutuel handle by 10%.
- Racing’s in-play opportunity
September 13, 2017
We are at the beginning of a horse racing data revolution that has the potential to place the sport back at the heart of the sportsbook offering.
- Hong Kong Jockey Club faces HKD 1.2b hit from new typhoon
September 1, 2017
Hong Kong Jockey Club turns in record performance in its recent fiscal year; Bangalore Turf Club forced to suspend betting after failing to renew license.
- Asian Racing Federation forms Anti-Illegal Betting Task Force
April 28, 2017
Asian Racing Federation forms Anti-Illegal Betting Task Force, inks deal with Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission to fight betting competition.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Australia gambling regulator pumps brakes on Bitcoin bets
February 5, 2018
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016