Tag Archives: horseracing
- US race wagering gets boost from Justify’s Triple Crown run
July 5, 2018
Wagering on US thoroughbred horseracing was up over 5% in the second quarter, while racing regulators seek to incorporate sports betting into the mix.
- Israel pays GBI Racing £4.9m compensation for betting ban
January 3, 2018
Israel's government agrees to pay GBI Racing £4.9m as compensation for early termination of contract following Israel's race betting ban.
- UK bookmakers prepping GPS-based in-race betting technology
October 6, 2017
A "leading online bookmaker" in the UK is preparing to roll out GPS-based in-play betting on horse races, with the rest of the pack sure to follow.
- US racing industry expects 10% betting bump from new tax rules
September 28, 2017
US horserace pari-mutuel betting operators say new Internal Revenue Service reporting and withholding rules could boost annual pari-mutuel handle by 10%.
- Racing’s in-play opportunity
September 13, 2017
We are at the beginning of a horse racing data revolution that has the potential to place the sport back at the heart of the sportsbook offering.
- Hong Kong Jockey Club faces HKD 1.2b hit from new typhoon
September 1, 2017
Hong Kong Jockey Club turns in record performance in its recent fiscal year; Bangalore Turf Club forced to suspend betting after failing to renew license.
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
PokerStars set to launch poker site in India
March 16, 2018
Daily fantasy sports: Getting popular in India
October 30, 2017