Tag Archives: GST
- Casinos in Goa, Sikkim formally accused of tax evasion
July 15, 2019
Hyderabad team has accused casino operators in Goa and Sikkim of skipping out on paying the required amount of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Delta Corp. sees shares sell-off over possible government action
May 20, 2019
Delta Corp. saw a substantial selloff if its shares last week after reports started surfacing that the country’s government could be investigating the company for possible tax evasion.
- Online skill gaming operators in India under fire over GST payments
April 30, 2019
India’s taxman wants to know if skill gaming companies such as Dream11 and others are paying the proper amount of goods and services tax (GST).
- Turf Authorities of India push for lower taxes on horse races
March 4, 2019
The Turf Authorities of India (TAI) is now looking to try and have the GST rate on horseracing lowered.
- Uniform GST rate on lotteries could be coming to India
February 22, 2019
A panel comprised of ministers in India appointed by the GST recommended that there should be a uniform rate of taxation for lotteries.
- India’s GST Council to consider adjusting lottery tax rates
January 18, 2019
Lotteries in India are always a sensitive subject. Going back a number of years, there have been conflicts over sales, revenue and non-payment of taxes.
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
Betfair cuts off its Indian customers after public shaming
January 30, 2019
Goa casino that ran aground relaunching on different ship
December 22, 2017