Tag Archives: GST
- Turf Authorities of India push for lower taxes on horse races
March 4, 2019
The Turf Authorities of India (TAI) is now looking to try and have the GST rate on horseracing lowered.
- Uniform GST rate on lotteries could be coming to India
February 22, 2019
A panel comprised of ministers in India appointed by the GST recommended that there should be a uniform rate of taxation for lotteries.
- India’s GST Council to consider adjusting lottery tax rates
January 18, 2019
Lotteries in India are always a sensitive subject. Going back a number of years, there have been conflicts over sales, revenue and non-payment of taxes.
- Maharashtra lottery sellers to go on strike to protest 28% GST
August 15, 2017
Private lottery sellers in the state of Maharashtra will be putting up the “Closed” sign next week.
- Lawmakers want Australia to recognize bitcoin as official currency
August 10, 2017
In Australia, a bipartisan group of lawmakers is pushing to get the country recognize bitcoin as an official form of currency.
- India’s privately run lotteries join 28% ‘luxury’ tax slab
June 19, 2017
The constitutional body tasked with overseeing the goods and services tax (GST) system in the country announced a dual tax rate for lottery tickets
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
Goa casino that ran aground relaunching on different ship
December 22, 2017
Chaos reigns as Powerball-mad Aussies crash Lottoland website
January 14, 2016