Tag Archives: great firewall
- China extends ‘great firewall’ to block crypto websites
February 6, 2018
The long tradition of blocking unwanted foreign websites using the so-called Great Firewall of China has found a new target: cryptocurrency websites.
- Architect of China’s Great Firewall a closet VPN fan but new crackdown looms
April 8, 2016
Architect of China's 'great firewall' is a closet fan of virtual private networks but new internet restrictions look to end the VPN party.
- China’s cyberpolice cancelling mobile service for using virtual private networks
November 27, 2015
Residents of China's Xinjiang region who used VPNs have mobile service cancelled, must visit local cyberpolice before being reconnected.
- Thailand proposes ‘great firewall’ to police internet content
September 28, 2015
Thailand proposes routing all internet traffic through single gateway to “control inappropriate websites,' including online gambling sites.
- China bent on ‘cleaning the internet,’ including hongbao online gambling
August 18, 2015
China says it's detained over 15k people in effort to 'clean the internet' of crimes like gambling; Wechat 'hongbao' gambling ring busted.
- GREAT MOMENTS IN CENSORSHIP: China blocks virtual private networks
December 28, 2012
China upgrades Great Firewall by blocking usage of virtual private networks and proposes requiring internet users to log in with real names.
Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
China extends ‘great firewall’ to block crypto websites
February 6, 2018
China adds more digital bricks to its ‘great firewall’
July 11, 2017
China reports first conviction under new VPN crackdown
September 6, 2017