Tag Archives: Germany
- Germany’s Dr. Patrick Sensberg: Grey market is no good for anyone
March 13, 2019
Germany currently has an unregulated market, largely due to the political dynamics of the German system. Dr. Patrck Sensberg explains the situation.
- German football body warned over sponsor Bwin’s online casino
March 11, 2019
German state regulatory bodies warn German Football Association (DFB) over its sponsor Bwin's illegal "online casino and slot games."
- German telecom regulators clamp down on online casino advertising
March 7, 2019
Germany's telecom regulators warn broadcasters that online casino advertising is against the law; federal gambling treaty to get two-year extension.
- Germany, Greece go after Paddy Power, demand tax payment
February 14, 2019
Gambling giant Paddy Power Betfair is pulling out their wallet. It has been slapped with a large tax bill from both Germany and Greece.
- Hesse warns Germany on federal gambling regulation delays
January 4, 2019
The German state of Hesse says it will go it alone on gambling regulations if other 15 states can't reach consensus on new federal treaty.
- Germany’s Schleswig-Holstein online casino licenses expire
December 21, 2018
The first batch of online casino and poker licenses issued six years ago by the German state of Schleswig-Holstein start to expire this week.
Greece hits GVC Holdings with €187m back-tax demand
January 25, 2018
German uses online casino illegality to avoid paying VISA bill
September 6, 2018