Tag Archives: Germany
- German court upholds illegality of lottery betting operators
August 27, 2019
A German court upholds a district court ruling that so-called 'secondary' lotteries aren't actually lotteries and thus their operations are illegal.
- European Commission casts doubt on Germany’s sports betting plans
August 26, 2019
The European Commission has reportedly found fault (again) with Germany's plans to regulate its online sports betting market.
- German gambling advertising tripled over the last five years
August 23, 2019
A new study claims Germany's gambling advertising spending has tripled over the past five years, with much of the growth driven by online casino ads.
- PayPal cutting off German online casino payments in October
August 21, 2019
PayPal updates its German market policies to prohibit “offers that are not legal in your respective whereabouts, including some online gambling offers.”
- Germany sports betting licensees must cut online casino ties
July 29, 2019
Germany's sports betting regulatory update will require licensees to shed their online casino ties, whether direct ops or via affiliated companies.
- Fresh8 to partner with bwin in Germany
July 16, 2019
bwin, the leader in German sports betting, has chosen Fresh8 Gaming to support their advertising across Germany and Austria.
German uses online casino illegality to avoid paying VISA bill
September 6, 2018
Fortuna new sponsors of Romania’s national football team
March 22, 2017