Tag Archives: Germany
- Germany betting lobby urges rethink of gambling treaty draft
11 February 2020
The German Sports Betting Association urges state governments to fix the “structural undesirable developments" in the new draft federal gambling treaty.
- Germany warns banks (again) re online gambling payments
31 January 2020
German state of Lower Saxony warns banks to observe the ban on online gambling payment processing; affiliates fret over draft treaty language.
- German states agree to allow online casino, poker
23 January 2020
Germany's 16 states reportedly agree on a plan for a new federal treaty that will lift longstanding ban on online casino and poker products.
- German casino revenue jumped one-quarter in 2019
Germany’s land-based casinos saw their gaming revenue jump by more than one-quarter in 2019, hitting heights the market hasn’t seen in over a decade.
- German-facing online betting sites’ age-verification under fire
21 January 2020
A German watchdog finds fault with betting sites' age-verification processes; new draft of federal gambling treaty shows major changes ahead.
- Mr Green shuts German online sportsbook on regulatory shift
20 January 2020
William Hill's online gambling brand Mr Green shuts its Germany-facing sportsbook citing “recent gambling regulatory changes."
William Hill exits China, loses Jimmy Vaccaro to South Point
18 August 2013
William Hill US first to offer eSports bets in Nevada
19 November 2016