Tag Archives: gambleaware
- UK gambling biz’s bad reputation “not wholly undeserved”
December 7, 2017
UK's "very unpopular" gambling industry publicly shamed by gov't minister, while GambleAware charity chair calls for less testosterone in upper management.
- Labour Party seeks mandatory levy on betting operators to fund problem gambling treatment
September 26, 2017
The UK Labour Party plans to issue a call for a mandatory levy on gambling operators to fund problem gambling treatment programs.
- Coren-Mitchell gives the FOBTs a bashing; GambleAware expert on UK kids
August 22, 2017
The two-time EPT Main Event winner, Victoria Coren-Mitchell, gives the (FOBTs) a good kicking, & more on GambleAware experts advise
- GambleAware open to statutory levy to meet funding targets
May 16, 2017
The UK's GambleAware problem gambling charity says it's open to the idea of a statutory levy on gambling operators to ensure it meets its funding goals.
- UK betting shop self-exclusion program proving effective
March 29, 2017
The UK's GambleAware charity says betting shops' new self-exclusion program is proving effective at deterring problem gamblers.
- GambleAware skeptical of MPs push for FOBT stake reduction
December 8, 2016
A group of UK MPs renew call for reducing fixed-odds betting terminal maximum stake to £2, but GambleAware report says "not the most effective option."
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017
A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017