Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK bookie Mark Jarvis spanked for gambling machine excesses
October 15, 2018
UK bookmaker Mark Jarvis Ltd reaches £94k settlement with UK Gambling Commission over customer's excessive use of fixed-odds betting terminals.
- Betfred’s FOBT tax victory could have serious online blowback
July 26, 2018
UK bookmakers Betfred have won a court fight with the local taxman that could inadvertently bring new limits on online casino play.
- William Hill draws flak for taking advantage of FOBT clampdown delay
June 27, 2018
William Hill has drawn the ire of anti-gambling campaigners this week over an email that encourages gamblers to punt more.
- UK to hike Remote Gaming Duty before slashing FOBT stakes
June 15, 2018
The UK government will reportedly hike its Remote Gaming Duty by April 2019, while cuts to fixed-odds betting terminal stakes won't happen until 2020.
- UK slashes FOBT max stake to £2, to hike Remote Gaming Duty
May 17, 2018
the British government announced the approval of the reduction of fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs) stakes limit from £100 ($135.08) to £2 ($2.69).
- Layoff looms at Betfred amid FOBT stake reduction plans
May 16, 2018
Betfred are bracing for the possible impact of UK’s policy on fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs), which is expected to be announced this week.
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017
Betfred hops on social casino bandwagon with Betfred Social
March 22, 2017