Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK gambling regulator backpedals on £2 FOBT stake limit
March 19, 2018
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) will no longer back a £2 limit on fixed-odd betting terminals (FOBTs) wagering levels. At least, not explicitly.
- Ladbrokes warns of sponsorship cuts ahead of possible FOBT changes
March 6, 2018
A slash in sponsorship budget is in the offing for Ladbrokes Coral if the UK government ultimately decides to reduce the FOBT wagering levels.
- UK racing urges gov’t to rethink drastic FOBT stake cut
January 23, 2018
The British Horseracing Authority joins the chorus of voices urging the government not to cut maximum stakes on fixed-odds betting terminals to £2.
- UK media: gov’t to slash FOBT maximum stake to just £2
January 21, 2018
UK media report that new DCMS secretary plans to cut maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals from current £100 to just £2.
- Northern Ireland bookie arrested for suspected FOBT violation
November 23, 2017
A bookmaker in Northern Ireland is facing possible charges
- A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017
The United Kingdom is now planning to cut the maximum bet from £100 to something between £2 and £50. The exact maximum will be decided in 12 weeks.