Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK racing urges gov’t to rethink drastic FOBT stake cut
January 23, 2018
The British Horseracing Authority joins the chorus of voices urging the government not to cut maximum stakes on fixed-odds betting terminals to £2.
- UK media: gov’t to slash FOBT maximum stake to just £2
January 21, 2018
UK media report that new DCMS secretary plans to cut maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals from current £100 to just £2.
- Northern Ireland bookie arrested for suspected FOBT violation
November 23, 2017
A bookmaker in Northern Ireland is facing possible charges
- A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017
The United Kingdom is now planning to cut the maximum bet from £100 to something between £2 and £50. The exact maximum will be decided in 12 weeks.
- UK gov’t gambling industry review kicks can down road
October 31, 2017
Despite having three years to craft a new policy, the UK government's triennial review of the gambling industry announces new three-month consultation.
- Betting shop vandals claim gambling ‘automatism’ defense
October 26, 2017
Two gamblers who did £20k worth of damage to a Ladbrokes betting shop claim they were in a trance induced by the shop's fixed-odds betting terminals.
GVC’s latest bid for Lads Coral fails; PartyPoker exit Australia
August 22, 2017
Ladbrokes Coral to voluntarily pay online greyhound racing levy
August 30, 2017