Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- GVC announces they may need to close 900 shops
July 5, 2019
GVC Holdings has reduced their estimate of shops they may need to close from 1000 to 900, but that’s still pretty bad.
- William Hill to close 700 shops due to FOBT stake decrease
July 4, 2019
William Hill expects to lose as many as 4,500 employees, but simply can’t keep the shops running anymore.
- BoyleSports makes its way into UK’s retail gaming industry
June 3, 2019
The Irish bookmaker has wanted to get deeper into gambling for some time and has now fulfilled its dream.
- UK bookies face regulatory blow over FOBT stake cut dodge
April 2, 2019
UK Gambling Commission forces Paddy Power and Betfred to withdraw new products intended to circumvent new fixed-odds betting terminal stake cut.
- Surprise! FOBT restrictions backfire
The new regulations went into effect on April 1, and appropriately enough for April Fool’s, the joke’s on them.
- UK betting lockdown takes effect, casinos ready for blow
April 1, 2019
A major change related to fixed-odds betting terminals in the UK finally comes into effect. The maximum odds on the machines will be cut from £100 to £2.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
September 5, 2014
UK gambling operators face stiff fines for breaching ad codes
January 26, 2018