Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- Northern Ireland bookie arrested for suspected FOBT violation
November 23, 2017
A bookmaker in Northern Ireland is facing possible charges
- A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017
The United Kingdom is now planning to cut the maximum bet from £100 to something between £2 and £50. The exact maximum will be decided in 12 weeks.
- UK gov’t gambling industry review kicks can down road
October 31, 2017
Despite having three years to craft a new policy, the UK government's triennial review of the gambling industry announces new three-month consultation.
- Betting shop vandals claim gambling ‘automatism’ defense
October 26, 2017
Two gamblers who did £20k worth of damage to a Ladbrokes betting shop claim they were in a trance induced by the shop's fixed-odds betting terminals.
- UK bookies behaving badly: Episode #5,812
September 29, 2017
Ladbrokes probed by the UK Gambling Commission for not stopping a compulsive gambler from taking out payday loans to play fixed-odds betting terminals.
- Betting terminal curbs get Paddy Power Betfair backing
September 27, 2017
Different bookmakers are now raising their eyebrows after PP Betfair surprisingly throws its support on the imposition of heavy curbs on betting machines.
Cyprus doles out more online sports betting licenses
March 20, 2017
Betfair latest to exit Poland
March 28, 2017