Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK betting shops fold at an alarming rate
25 November 2019
The crackdown in the U.K. on fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBT) is taking its toll, having gambling shops across the country “fighting for their lives.”
- UK betting operators intro new gaming machine ‘time out’ rules
13 November 2019
UK's Betting and Gaming Council announces introduction of Anonymous Player Awareness System that will impose time outs on gaming machines in betting shops.
- UK taxman relies on lotteries, online casino to keep coffers full
1 November 2019
Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs has successfully offset its lower tax take from fixed-odds betting terminals through higher online casino taxes.
- GVC announces they may need to close 900 shops
5 July 2019
GVC Holdings has reduced their estimate of shops they may need to close from 1000 to 900, but that’s still pretty bad.
- William Hill to close 700 shops due to FOBT stake decrease
4 July 2019
William Hill expects to lose as many as 4,500 employees, but simply can’t keep the shops running anymore.
- BoyleSports makes its way into UK’s retail gaming industry
3 June 2019
The Irish bookmaker has wanted to get deeper into gambling for some time and has now fulfilled its dream.
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
24 February 2018
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
25 August 2017