Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK slashes FOBT max stake to £2, to hike Remote Gaming Duty
May 17, 2018
the British government announced the approval of the reduction of fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs) stakes limit from £100 ($135.08) to £2 ($2.69).
- Layoff looms at Betfred amid FOBT stake reduction plans
May 16, 2018
Betfred are bracing for the possible impact of UK’s policy on fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs), which is expected to be announced this week.
- FOBT reforms will be the end of William Hill—Devlin
May 15, 2018
Roger Devlin, chairman of William Hill painted a bleak future for UK’s biggest independent bookmaker should the country proceed with its new betting rules.
- Hammond takes ‘expert’ advice to slash FOBT stake to £2: report
April 24, 2018
Chancellor Philip Hammond has accepted "expert recommendation" that FOBT stakes should be slashed to £2, according to reports.
- UK gambling regulator backpedals on £2 FOBT stake limit
March 19, 2018
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) will no longer back a £2 limit on fixed-odd betting terminals (FOBTs) wagering levels. At least, not explicitly.
- Ladbrokes warns of sponsorship cuts ahead of possible FOBT changes
March 6, 2018
A slash in sponsorship budget is in the offing for Ladbrokes Coral if the UK government ultimately decides to reduce the FOBT wagering levels.
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017