Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK gov’t caves, advances FOBT stake cut, online casino tax hike
November 14, 2018
UK government caves to cross-party pressure, agrees to implement stake cuts in fixed-odds betting terminals and hike in Remote Gaming Duty on April 1, 2019.
- UK MPs target Remote Gaming Duty to hasten FOBT stake cut
November 13, 2018
UK MPs sign budget amendments blocking hike in Remote Gaming Duty unless fixed-odds betting terminal stake cuts advanced to April 2019.
- UK gov’t figures row over fixed-odds betting terminal stake cut
November 5, 2018
UK government figures go public with row over the perceived delay in implementing cuts to fixed-odds betting terminal stakes.
- UK gov’t minister resigns over FOBT stake cut ‘delay’
November 2, 2018
Tracey Crouch, the UK government minister for sport, submits resignation to protest perceived delay in cutting fixed-odds betting terminal stakes.
- Fixed-odds betting terminal stake cut delayed again (maybe)
October 25, 2018
The Guardian reports that the UK government will delay implementation of the £2 maximum stake for fixed odds betting terminals until October 2019.
- UK bookie Mark Jarvis spanked for gambling machine excesses
October 15, 2018
UK bookmaker Mark Jarvis Ltd reaches £94k settlement with UK Gambling Commission over customer's excessive use of fixed-odds betting terminals.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
September 5, 2014
UK gambling operators face stiff fines for breaching ad codes
January 26, 2018