Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK gov’t caves, advances FOBT stake cut, online casino tax hike
November 14, 2018
UK government caves to cross-party pressure, agrees to implement stake cuts in fixed-odds betting terminals and hike in Remote Gaming Duty on April 1, 2019.
- UK MPs target Remote Gaming Duty to hasten FOBT stake cut
November 13, 2018
UK MPs sign budget amendments blocking hike in Remote Gaming Duty unless fixed-odds betting terminal stake cuts advanced to April 2019.
- UK gov’t figures row over fixed-odds betting terminal stake cut
November 5, 2018
UK government figures go public with row over the perceived delay in implementing cuts to fixed-odds betting terminal stakes.
- UK gov’t minister resigns over FOBT stake cut ‘delay’
November 2, 2018
Tracey Crouch, the UK government minister for sport, submits resignation to protest perceived delay in cutting fixed-odds betting terminal stakes.
- Fixed-odds betting terminal stake cut delayed again (maybe)
October 25, 2018
The Guardian reports that the UK government will delay implementation of the £2 maximum stake for fixed odds betting terminals until October 2019.
- UK bookie Mark Jarvis spanked for gambling machine excesses
October 15, 2018
UK bookmaker Mark Jarvis Ltd reaches £94k settlement with UK Gambling Commission over customer's excessive use of fixed-odds betting terminals.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
September 5, 2014
UK gambling operators face stiff fines for breaching ad codes
January 26, 2018
UK gamblers turn on mobiles, tune out social media marketing
February 28, 2018
UK online gambling operators face strict new bonus offer rules
November 21, 2017