Tag Archives: Costa Rica
- Western Union pay $586m for gambling, fraud AML lapses
January 20, 2017
Western Union agrees to forfeit $586m to resolve Department of Justice probe into anti-money laundering lapses, much of it involving online gambling sites.
- Costa Rica not investigating 5Dimes over US money laundering allegations
May 10, 2016
Costa Rica prosecutor says he's not probing US money laundering allegations re 5Dimes sportsbook because gambling isn't a crime in CR.
- Online bookie 5Dimes’ use of Amazon gift cards targeted by US Homeland Security
March 15, 2016
US Homeland Security files warrant seeking seizure of 15 Amazon gift card accounts linked to Costa Rica-based online sportsbook 5Dimes.
- Online sportsbook 5Dimes caught up in Costa Rica money laundering probe
March 2, 2016
Online sportsbook 5Dimes finds itself caught up in a money laundering probe by Costa Rica bankers and national prosecutor.
- Western Union sheds more light on federal investigation of gaming transactions
February 22, 2016
Western Union sheds light on Department of Justice probe of company's failure to halt gaming transactions between US and foreign countries.
- Becky’s Affiliated: Top 10 Becky’s Affiliated Columns of 2014
December 11, 2014
Now that we’ve hit Christmas, I’d like to take the opportunity to reflect back on my favorite column posts of the year and share them w/ you.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017