Tag Archives: Canada
- BC casinos see huge decline in casino-cash transactions
April 3, 2018
BC District Attorney David Eby told Canadian legislators that “suspicious” cash transactions in casinos had dropped by a considerable amount as of February.
- 2016 money given to BCLC high rollers wasn’t for winnings, probe finds
March 15, 2018
In an investigation over gambling practices and possible money laundering, questions have been raised over checks sent to BCLC high rollers in 2016.
- Sports stock exchange INDEX expands into Canada, Sweden
March 2, 2018
Similar to the way a commodity exchange works, INDEX allows participants to buy and sell money shares of more than 2,000 football players.
- Ontario’s online gambling grows but still lags provincial rivals
February 16, 2018
Ontario's annual online gambling revenue enjoys double-digit growth but still lags well behind provincial rivals in Quebec and British Columbia.
- British Columbia deregisters River Rock Casino VIP host
January 25, 2018
British Columbia regulators deregister River Rock Casino Resort VIP host Lisa Gan over suspected violations of anti-money laundering rules.
- BC casinos implement new anti-money laundering rules
January 11, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation implements new anti-money laundering rules to reduce shenanigans at the province's land-based casinos.
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
Canada’s financial watchdog reviewing BCLC casino money laundering report
September 28, 2017