Tag Archives: Canada
- Court rejects Quebec’s online gambling domain blocking plan
July 24, 2018
A Quebec court rejects province's controversial plan to block the domains of international gambling operators to boost fortunes of Loto Quebec site.
- Canadian operators bow out of Niagara Falls casinos bidding
July 17, 2018
Two of Canada’s biggest casino operators conceded defeat to U.S. gambling companies in the Niagara Falls casinos bidding wars.
- New soccer betting tips site launched for Canadians
July 2, 2018
Just in time for the 2018 World Cup, a new soccer betting tips site focused primarily for Canadians has launched.
- Report: independent gaming regulator key to British Columbia casinos’ money laundering woes
June 27, 2018
A savage new government report says British Columbia needs to establish an independent gaming regulator to rein in money laundering at BC casinos.
- British Columbia goes after suspected money launderer’s casino chips
June 25, 2018
The Canadian Civil Forfeiture is seeking to get ahold of some CAD75,000 worth of casino chips that have been confiscated from a Chinese high roller.
- British Columbia casinos under pressure to ban high-limit games
June 22, 2018
A new poll finds strong support for eliminating high-limit table games at British Columbia casinos; OpenBet inks new sports betting deal with BCLC.
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017