Tag Archives: Canada
- BC allowed investor with Asian gang ties to buy into local casino
16 January 2020
A 2009 RCMP report claims that British Columbia allowed an investor with ties to Asian criminal organizations to buy into a local casino operation.
- Canada busts Hells Angels/Mafia-led online sports betting ring
19 December 2019
Ontario Provincial Police arrest 28 individuals suspected of involvement in illegal online sports betting, including 'Teflon Biker' Rob Barletta.
- British Columbia to (finally) get independent gambling regulator
12 December 2019
British Columbia government says it will create an Independent Gambling Control Office to regulate BC Lottery Corp's gambling operations.
- BC casinos’ revenue growth stalls on new money laundering rules
29 November 2019
British Columbia's biggest casinos report flat revenue growth in 2018 following introduction of new anti-money laundering regulations.
- Canadian court issues country’s first domain-blocking order
19 November 2019
- New & Improved online gambling still top grower for Loto-Quebec
25 October 2019
Quebec's provincial gambling monopoly Loto-Quebec reports 10% rise in fiscal H1 revenue while online gambling revenue rises nearly one-quarter.
Woodbine Casino launches Toronto’s first live table games
1 September 2018
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
16 October 2017
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
23 October 2017