Tag Archives: Canada
- Ontario’s online gambling grows but still lags provincial rivals
February 16, 2018
Ontario's annual online gambling revenue enjoys double-digit growth but still lags well behind provincial rivals in Quebec and British Columbia.
- British Columbia deregisters River Rock Casino VIP host
January 25, 2018
British Columbia regulators deregister River Rock Casino Resort VIP host Lisa Gan over suspected violations of anti-money laundering rules.
- BC casinos implement new anti-money laundering rules
January 11, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation implements new anti-money laundering rules to reduce shenanigans at the province's land-based casinos.
- BC casinos’ biggest high-rollers include housewives, students
January 9, 2018
Internal documents show that British Columbia casinos' top VIP gamblers include housewives and students with no obvious source of income.
- Ontario’s new online lottery product more Miss than Hit
Ontario's new Hit or Miss five-minute online lottery drawing is unlikely to succeed in boosting the fortunes of the struggling PlayOLG site.
- Platinum Sportsbook exec to serve two years, pay $3m fine
January 4, 2018
Canadian David Hair, leading figure in the Platinum Sportsbook operation, pleads guilty to illegal bookmaking, faces three years in jail, $3m fine.
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
British Columbia to pay casinos more to ensure AML compliance
November 24, 2017
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017