Tag Archives: C-290
- Lottery boosts Canada sports bet hopes; PlayOLG plan mobile app, peer-to-peer poker
January 4, 2016
Canadian MP Brian Masse wins parliamentary lottery, allowing him to reintroduce single-game sports betting bill; PlayOLG prep mobile app.
- Canada to get new sports betting bill; Nova Scotia online gambling poll
October 28, 2015
NDP MP Brian Masse to introduce new sports betting bill once Canada's new parliament resumes sitting; Nova Scotia online gambling survey.
- Political shots fired over Canada’s dead sports betting legislation
October 15, 2015
Windsor-area candidates of the New Democratic Party are calling out Jeff Watson for opposing the single event sports betting legislation.
- Canada’s single-game sports betting bill officially dead from Senate inaction
June 30, 2015
Canada's C-290 single-game sports betting bill officially dies on Tuesday as Senate refuses to hold third and final reading.
- NBA drops opposition to Canada’s single-game sports betting bill
June 18, 2015
National Basketball Association drops opposition to Canada's single-game sports betting legislation but bill destined to die of neglect.
- NHL reiterates opposition to passage of Canada’s sports betting bill
February 25, 2015
NHL expansion team to Sin City won't have an effect on the league’s stance against Canada legalizing sports betting.
Woodbine Casino launches Toronto’s first live table games
September 1, 2018
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017