Tag Archives: C-221
- Canada’s single-game sports betting plans voted down
September 21, 2016
Canadian parliamentarians vote 156-133 against passage of C-221, the legislation that would have permitted single-game sports betting.
- NBA betting coming back to Ontario after 21-year absence
September 16, 2016
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp announces that it will begin offering NBA wagers via its Pro-Line product starting with the 2016-17 season.
- Fate of Canada’s sports betting bill to be known on Sept 21
September 5, 2016
Canadian lawmakers are set to put to a vote this month a bill amending the national criminal code that will allow for single-game wagering.
- NHL’s Las Vegas expansion has Canadian sports betting backer dropping the gloves
June 23, 2016
The National Hockey League's expansion into the Las Vegas market has really pissed off a pro-betting Canadian parliamentarian.
- Canada’s ruling Liberal government opposes single-game sports betting bill
April 19, 2016
As Canada's C-221 single-game sports betting legislation comes up for second reading in parliament, ruling Liberal party voices opposition.
- Canada’s single-game sports betting bill braces for second reading in parliament
April 15, 2016
Supporters of Canada's push to permit single-game sports betting strategize ahead of bill C-221's second reading in Parliament on Tuesday.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017