Tag Archives: bob runciman
- Canada senator: “just isn’t enough time” to pass sports betting legislation
April 10, 2013
Canadian senator Bob Runciman says the C-290 sports betting legislation will likely die on the order paper before the Senate breaks for summer.
- Canada threatened by sports betting and female orgasms
December 9, 2012
Two more Canadian senators state their opposition to the C-290 sports betting bill, but their arguments are bereft of verifiable facts.
- Canadian politician questions sporting integrity; Cantor opens latest Nevada sportsbook
November 30, 2012
Senate hearing on sports betting bill hears from politicians
- Canada sports bet law sent to Senate for vote after NHL no-shows at hearing
November 8, 2012
Canada's sports betting bill approved for third and final reading in Senate after NHL officials fail to show at committee hearing.
- Senator: Leagues’ fight against Canada sports bets “doesn’t make a lot of sense”
October 31, 2012
The NHL to testify against Canada's sports betting law at next Senate committee hearing, but Sen. Runciman says argument doesn't make sense.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017