Tag Archives: Billy Walters
- 5 times a charm: The feds finally nailed the world’s most successful sports bettor, but not for gambling
August 1, 2017
The ultimate “insider” in the world of sports betting, Billy Walters, was sentenced last week to five years in prison for leading an insider trading scheme.
- Sports bettor Billy Walters gets five years in prison, $10m fine for insider trading
July 27, 2017
Sports betting icon Billy Walters sentenced to five years in prison and fined $10m for an insider trading scheme that netted profits of $43m.
- Sports betting icon Billy Walters convicted of insider trading
April 7, 2017
Legendary sports betting figure Billy Walters facing 20 years in prison after being convicted of insider trading involving Dean Foods stock.
- Billy Walters pleads not guilty to insider trading, keeps private plane, loses bong
June 1, 2016
Sports bettor Billy Walters pleads not guilty to insider trading charges, gets to keep using private plane, loses medical marijuana script.
- Sports betting whale Billy Walters charged with conspiracy, securities fraud
May 19, 2016
Legendary sports bettor Billy Walters charged with conspiracy and securities fraud, golfer Phil Mickelson returns $931k made from trades.
- NFL, DOJ past argument shows sports betting to be a “game of skill”
July 24, 2015
U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch and NFL lawyers have called sports betting a “game of skill” in past legal arguments.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Patriots, Packers starting season as favorites to win Super Bowl 52
September 1, 2017
Nevada legalizes Parimutuel Betting on eSports
October 17, 2017