Tag Archives: Billy Walters
- 5 times a charm: The feds finally nailed the world’s most successful sports bettor, but not for gambling
1 August 2017
The ultimate “insider” in the world of sports betting, Billy Walters, was sentenced last week to five years in prison for leading an insider trading scheme.
- Sports bettor Billy Walters gets five years in prison, $10m fine for insider trading
27 July 2017
Sports betting icon Billy Walters sentenced to five years in prison and fined $10m for an insider trading scheme that netted profits of $43m.
- Sports betting icon Billy Walters convicted of insider trading
7 April 2017
Legendary sports betting figure Billy Walters facing 20 years in prison after being convicted of insider trading involving Dean Foods stock.
- Billy Walters pleads not guilty to insider trading, keeps private plane, loses bong
1 June 2016
Sports bettor Billy Walters pleads not guilty to insider trading charges, gets to keep using private plane, loses medical marijuana script.
- Sports betting whale Billy Walters charged with conspiracy, securities fraud
19 May 2016
Legendary sports bettor Billy Walters charged with conspiracy and securities fraud, golfer Phil Mickelson returns $931k made from trades.
- NFL, DOJ past argument shows sports betting to be a “game of skill”
24 July 2015
U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch and NFL lawyers have called sports betting a “game of skill” in past legal arguments.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
15 November 2017
Betting odds supplier Don Best warns of malware data breach
11 February 2019