Tag Archives: Belgium
- Belgium latest to rule video game loot boxes are illegal gambling
April 25, 2018
The Belgian Gaming Commission rules that paid 'loot boxes' in video games are illegal games of chance under Belgian gambling laws.
- Court lifts VAT burden from Belgian operators’ shoulders
March 23, 2018
Belgium’s Constitutional Court has struck down a bill that placed a heavy value-added tax (VAT) load on the shoulders of gambling operators in the country.
- Belgium’s restrictive new online gambling rules close to reality
January 16, 2018
Belgium's restrictive new online gambling rules inch closer to reality as the three-month European Commission standstill period draws to a close.
- Belgium’s Star Casino has 1,000 billboards pulled for being sexist
January 5, 2018
Belgian public transport operator pulls over 1,000 StarCasino.be billboards featuring naked woman after complaints of sexism.
- Belgian court rules online gambling sites can’t offer more than one product from same URL
November 10, 2017
Belgium's Constitutional Court rules that Belgian-licensed online gambling operators can't offer more than one type of product from a single URL.
- Catena Media buy PokerScout; Belgium affiliates on death watch
November 2, 2017
Mega-affiliate Catena Media pays $350k for US-facing PokerScout.com; Belgian market affiliates face extinction under proposed regulatory changes.
Online gambling claims one-third of Belgium’s 2015 market revenue
September 7, 2017