Tag Archives: Bahamas
- Judge says Bahamas need not recognize Baha Mar’s US bankruptcy protection
23 July 2015
A judge says the Bahamian government need not recognize the US bankruptcy filing of the developer of the troubled Baha Mar resort casino.
- Bahamas seeks to wrest control of Baha Mar casino project from developer
21 July 2015
The Bahamas government takes steps to wrest control of troubled Baha Mar resort casino project from developer Baha Mar Ltd.
- Baha Mar Ltd. sues Chinese state-owned contractor over delays
30 June 2015
Developer Baha Mar Ltd. sues Chinese state-owned contractor China Construction America over delays in completing the $3.5b Baha Mar resort.
- Baha Mar Ltd. files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
29 June 2015
The troubled $3.5m Baha Mar Resort & Casino has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, citing over $1b in debt.
- Baha Mar delays opening another four months
19 May 2015
The Bahamas' troubled $3.5b Baha Mar resort casino pushes its opening back four months due to dispute between developer and contractor.
- Baha Mar faces further delays as rumors swirl of a Genting buyout
12 May 2015
Troubled Baha Mar resort likely won't open in 2015, developers deny reports that Genting has been asked to take a 51% stake in the project.
Genting loses to Jocs for new casino in Andorra
2 July 2018
Two Baha Mar execs turfed after Colombian hooker arrests
27 February 2018