Tag Archives: Bahamas
- Bahamas delays new tax on web shop punters’ gambling deposits
July 23, 2018
The Bahamas government says it will delay the imposition of a new 5% tax on web shop customer deposits due to need to re-certify operator platforms.
- Bahamas ‘web shop’ tax hikes claim first shop closures
June 22, 2018
The Bahamas' decision to dramatically hike gaming taxes on 'web shop' operators has led one operator to close 11 shops and lay off 50 staff.
- Bahamas online gambling operators slam gov’t tax hikes
June 6, 2018
Bahamas 'web shop' operators, who offer online casino games from retail venues, face new sliding scale taxes that top out at 50% of revenue.
- Baha Mar driving Bahamas tourism, not cannibalizing Atlantis
May 29, 2018
Baha Mar resort casino is credited with driving double-digit gains in Bahamas tourism in Q1, without cannibalizing business at Atlantis casino.
- Two Baha Mar execs turfed after Colombian hooker arrests
February 27, 2018
The Baha Mar resort casino in the Bahamas fires two execs for “suspicion of impropriety" just days after two suspected hookers booted from property.
- The countdown is on for Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure 2018
January 8, 2018
PokerStars is keeping its foot firmly on the pedal in 2018 with the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) kicking-off in the Bahamas this weekend.
David Baazov’s attorneys want insider trading charges dismissed
November 25, 2017
Amaya Gaming and PokerStars talking acquisition?
May 24, 2014