Tag Archives: Bahamas
- Sarkis Izmirlian lands first legal punch in Baha Mar fraud suit
January 26, 2019
New York Supreme Court dismisses bid by Baha Mar's Chinese construction firm to keep Sarkis Izmirlian fraud lawsuit out of public eye.
- Fatal shooting at Bahamas web shop could increase oversight
August 27, 2018
A fatal shooting at a Bahamas 'web shop' could bring extra scrutiny of a sector that is facing new taxes as of September 1.
- Bahamas delays new tax on web shop punters’ gambling deposits
July 23, 2018
The Bahamas government says it will delay the imposition of a new 5% tax on web shop customer deposits due to need to re-certify operator platforms.
- Bahamas ‘web shop’ tax hikes claim first shop closures
June 22, 2018
The Bahamas' decision to dramatically hike gaming taxes on 'web shop' operators has led one operator to close 11 shops and lay off 50 staff.
- Bahamas online gambling operators slam gov’t tax hikes
June 6, 2018
Bahamas 'web shop' operators, who offer online casino games from retail venues, face new sliding scale taxes that top out at 50% of revenue.
- Baha Mar driving Bahamas tourism, not cannibalizing Atlantis
May 29, 2018
Baha Mar resort casino is credited with driving double-digit gains in Bahamas tourism in Q1, without cannibalizing business at Atlantis casino.
Two Baha Mar execs turfed after Colombian hooker arrests
February 27, 2018
Baha Mar ownership confirmed, William Hill sportsbook launches
December 6, 2017
Baha Mar preps new marketing campaign; ownership unresolved
November 3, 2017