Tag Archives: australian wagering council
- William Hill, Ladbrokes departures leave Australian Wagering Council in shambles
18 August 2016
AWC is trying to pick up the pieces months after the departure of Britain’s biggest bookmaker William Hill and Ladbrokes.
- Australian bookies, TV execs protest proposed gambling advertising limits
19 July 2016
Australian TV execs speak out against proposal to put further restrictions on television gambling advertising.
- Aussie gambling study debunks claims of sports betting ‘explosion’
2 December 2015
Australian Wagering Council says new Victorian gambling survey pokes holes in claim that sports betting has 'exploded' in recent years.
- Australian gambling operators surpass telecom industry in advertising spending
20 November 2015
Nielsen Adex numbers show Australia's gambling industry fourth largest in terms of advertising spending, surpassing telecom sector.
- Australian Wagering Council calls for effective regulation of booming sports betting market
18 November 2015
Regulate sports bets or lose billions to online operators. That’s the warning the AWC made to the country’s gambling sector.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
15 November 2017
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
12 March 2018
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
2 February 2018