Tag Archives: australian wagering council
- William Hill, Ladbrokes departures leave Australian Wagering Council in shambles
August 18, 2016
AWC is trying to pick up the pieces months after the departure of Britain’s biggest bookmaker William Hill and Ladbrokes.
- Bookies push back against South Australia online betting tax
August 1, 2016
Australian Wagering Council launches Stop the Punters Tax campaign in a bid to block South Australia's new online point of consumption tax.
- Australian bookies, TV execs protest proposed gambling advertising limits
July 19, 2016
Australian TV execs speak out against proposal to put further restrictions on television gambling advertising.
- Aussie gambling study debunks claims of sports betting ‘explosion’
December 2, 2015
Australian Wagering Council says new Victorian gambling survey pokes holes in claim that sports betting has 'exploded' in recent years.
- Australian gambling operators surpass telecom industry in advertising spending
November 20, 2015
Nielsen Adex numbers show Australia's gambling industry fourth largest in terms of advertising spending, surpassing telecom sector.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016