Tag Archives: australian wagering council
- William Hill, Ladbrokes departures leave Australian Wagering Council in shambles
August 18, 2016
AWC is trying to pick up the pieces months after the departure of Britain’s biggest bookmaker William Hill and Ladbrokes.
- Bookies push back against South Australia online betting tax
August 1, 2016
- Australian bookies, TV execs protest proposed gambling advertising limits
July 19, 2016
Australian TV execs speak out against proposal to put further restrictions on television gambling advertising.
- Aussie gambling study debunks claims of sports betting ‘explosion’
December 2, 2015
Australian Wagering Council says new Victorian gambling survey pokes holes in claim that sports betting has 'exploded' in recent years.
- Australian gambling operators surpass telecom industry in advertising spending
November 20, 2015
Nielsen Adex numbers show Australia's gambling industry fourth largest in terms of advertising spending, surpassing telecom sector.
- Australian Wagering Council calls for effective regulation of booming sports betting market
November 18, 2015
Regulate sports bets or lose billions to online operators. That’s the warning the AWC made to the country’s gambling sector.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Australia gambling regulator pumps brakes on Bitcoin bets
February 5, 2018