Tag Archives: Australia
- Aussie bookies hit with 8% point of consumption tax in Victoria
September 21, 2018
The Australian state of Victoria approves legislation imposing 8% tax on online sports betting revenue derived from state punters.
- Western Australia to fine online lottery betting customers $2,500
September 19, 2018
Western Australia introduces legislation to impose $2,500 fines on customers of online lottery betting operators; online in-play betting ban rethink?
- Gaming machines provided huge boost to Australia’s economy in 2017
September 13, 2018
Based on the study made by Centre for International Economics (COE), Australia’s economy received a significant boost from electronic gaming machines (EGM).
- Australia bans gambling ads during online live sports broadcasts
August 31, 2018
Gambling advertisements are to no longer be allowed for live sports streamed online from between 5 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. in Australia.
- The Star claims it’s Australia’s biggest VIP gambling operator
August 24, 2018
The Star Entertainment Group claims to be Australia's largest VIP gambling operator after its casinos enjoy record revenue in fiscal 2018.
- Aquis H1 revenue down, CEO resigns
August 22, 2018
Aquis Entertainment Limited has posted revenue of A$12.3 million (US$9 million) for the first half of 2018, down 3.6% from the same period last year.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
March 12, 2018