Tag Archives: Australia
- Australian banks mull credit card gambling ban; Bet365 under fire
5 December 2019
Australian banks open consultation into potential ban on credit card gambling; Bet365 Australia accused of gaming in-play phone betting system.
- Australia to welcome poker players for a month of action in early 2020
Aussie Millions will take place on January 2020 and is bolstered by the addition of the Australian Poker Open, held in the last days of the month.
- The Stars Group buys the rest of Aussie online betting biz BetEasy
3 December 2019
The Stars Group strikes deal to acquire remaining 20% of Australian online betting operator BetEasy that it didn't already own.
- Tasmania’s new gambling rules will lead to corruption, experts say
The creation of “consumption tax” to collect more gambling revenue in Tasmania worries industry about how it would impact their bottom line.
- Australian bettors wager the most money on … current events?
27 November 2019
Australia unveils plan for national self-exclusion registry; survey shows horseracing is the most popular activity but current events attract bigger bets.
- Tourism industry declares Sydney, Australia is “closed for business”
21 November 2019
The industry is speaking out in dismay with the officials decision rejecting the Star Entertainment Group plans new hotel tower in Sydney.
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
12 March 2018
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
2 February 2018
David Walsh offers insights into Punters Club’s wagering ways
14 December 2013