Tag Archives: Association of British Bookmakers
- UK MPs target Remote Gaming Duty to hasten FOBT stake cut
November 13, 2018
UK MPs sign budget amendments blocking hike in Remote Gaming Duty unless fixed-odds betting terminal stake cuts advanced to April 2019.
- UK bookmakers feel the heat after self-exclusion fails
December 18, 2017
UK Gambling Commission expresses 'concern' after BBC investigative team points out flaws in UK bookmakers' self-exclusion scheme.
- GambleAware open to statutory levy to meet funding targets
May 16, 2017
The UK's GambleAware problem gambling charity says it's open to the idea of a statutory levy on gambling operators to ensure it meets its funding goals.
- UK bookies push back against Labour’s anti-FOBT manifesto
May 11, 2017
Association of British Bookmakers slams Labour manifesto's call for cutting fixed-odds betting terminal stakes and requiring longer breaks between spins.
- UK bookies crow ‘I told you so’ after MPs FOBT report spanked
May 3, 2017
UK bookmakers say 'I told you so' after a parliamentary report on fixed-odds betting terminals is found to have breached parliamentary standards.
- UK bookies demand “urgent inquiry” into MPs’ FOBT report
January 31, 2017
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017
A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017