Tag Archives: Association of British Bookmakers
- GambleAware open to statutory levy to meet funding targets
May 16, 2017
The UK's GambleAware problem gambling charity says it's open to the idea of a statutory levy on gambling operators to ensure it meets its funding goals.
- UK bookies push back against Labour’s anti-FOBT manifesto
May 11, 2017
Association of British Bookmakers slams Labour manifesto's call for cutting fixed-odds betting terminal stakes and requiring longer breaks between spins.
- UK bookies crow ‘I told you so’ after MPs FOBT report spanked
May 3, 2017
UK bookmakers say 'I told you so' after a parliamentary report on fixed-odds betting terminals is found to have breached parliamentary standards.
- UK bookies demand “urgent inquiry” into MPs’ FOBT report
January 31, 2017
- GambleAware skeptical of MPs push for FOBT stake reduction
December 8, 2016
A group of UK MPs renew call for reducing fixed-odds betting terminal maximum stake to £2, but GambleAware report says "not the most effective option."
- British Bookies are a no-show at FOBT APPG meeting calling it a kangaroo court
November 23, 2016
The Association of British Bookmakers failed to show up for the latest FOBTs APPG stating that it's ‘nothing but a kangaroo court.'
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017
A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017