Tag Archives: Association of British Bookmakers
- Two UK gaming groups to be dissolved as a new one emerges
4 July 2019
The Remote Gambling Association (RGA) and Association of British Bookmakers (ABB) in the U.K. will be consolidated into single unit – the Betting and Gaming Council (BGC).
- Gambling trade associations in UK join forces
25 February 2019
Gambling associations are creating a new trade group that would lobby politicians in an effort to have a greater voice in the anti-gambling roar in UK.
- UK MPs target Remote Gaming Duty to hasten FOBT stake cut
13 November 2018
UK MPs sign budget amendments blocking hike in Remote Gaming Duty unless fixed-odds betting terminal stake cuts advanced to April 2019.
- UK bookmakers feel the heat after self-exclusion fails
18 December 2017
UK Gambling Commission expresses 'concern' after BBC investigative team points out flaws in UK bookmakers' self-exclusion scheme.
- GambleAware open to statutory levy to meet funding targets
16 May 2017
The UK's GambleAware problem gambling charity says it's open to the idea of a statutory levy on gambling operators to ensure it meets its funding goals.
- UK bookies push back against Labour’s anti-FOBT manifesto
11 May 2017
Association of British Bookmakers slams Labour manifesto's call for cutting fixed-odds betting terminal stakes and requiring longer breaks between spins.
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
25 August 2017