Tag Archives: aquis
- Casino Canberra’s $5.8M loss in 2016 puts Aquis in a tough spot
March 15, 2017
This week, the Casino Canberra reported a loss of AUD7.7 million (USD5.84 million) for 2016, which, in turn, puts Aquis in a negative position
- Aquis drops casino for Great Barrier Reef resort, leaves Queensland license up for grabs
April 1, 2016
It’s all systems go for Tony Fung’s $8 billion Aquis Great Barrier Reef project, except for one thing—the casino.
- Tony Fung gets Chinese backing for Aquis Great Barrier Reef casino
March 28, 2016
Plans for Tony Fung’s $8 billion Aquis Great Barrier Reef casino is finally a step closer to development.
- Aquis wants to scale back $8B plans for Cairns mega casino resort
October 16, 2015
Hong Kong gaming tycoon Tony Fung is negotiating to downsize the plan for the $8 billion Aquis Great Barrier Reef casino resort in Cairns.
- Aquis to give Canberra casino a $330 million makeover
September 16, 2015
Tony Fung’s Aquis Entertainment is giving its newly-purchased Canberra Casino a $330m revamp to lure additional 700,000 visitors a year.
- Tony Fung’s Aquis Entertainment buys Sheraton Mirage, plans to add casino
May 6, 2015
Tony Fung's Aquis Entertainment pays $160m to buy five-star Sheraton Mirage on Australia's Gold Coast, plans to add casino.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Australia gambling regulator pumps brakes on Bitcoin bets
February 5, 2018
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016