Tag Archives: Andrew Cuomo
- New York’s casino expansion referendum gets approved
6 November 2013
The referendum to expand casino gambling in New York was supported by 57 percent of voters, capping of a landmark moment for the state.
- D-Day arrives for New York’s expanded casino push
4 November 2013
Cuomo has been a proponent of adding more casinos to the state as a way to drive up tax revenues, estimated to reach as much as $420M.
- Did New York pass its casino referendum illegally?
9 October 2013
If the Board of Elections is found to have violated the Open Meetings Law, the action needed to make the referendum valid would be void.
- New York braces for gambling expansion vote, power now lies in the people
28 August 2013
A quirk in the electoral calendar this year in NY could give people from downstate the overall numbers to influence the result of the vote
- The Cayuga People Stand Up to Be Counted in New York Casino Dispute And ‘Stand Up For California’ Pose a Question for Gov. Brown
14 August 2013
Legal representatives of the Cayuga people have asked to join a federal lawsuit against the casino expansion plan of Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- NY casino bill drops proposed ban on campaign donations
25 June 2013
A proposed ban on accepting campaign donations from casino operators in New York has been removed from he state's casino expansion plans
Resorts World Catskills moves up launch date; del Lago downgrade
19 January 2018
No survivors: feds rumble Ron & Mike’s Football Pool
9 December 2017