Tag Archives: Philippines
- China cracking down on POGO immigration schemes to the Philippines
25 February 2020
With their method of immigration to the Philippines exposed, China is warning its citizens they could be in trouble at home if they don’t follow local laws.
- Suncity locks in 45-year Westside City deal in Manila
Suncity’s SunTrust subsidiary completes a long-term lease agreement for Westside City’s casino and hotel.
- Duterte sacks immigration officers after POGO pastillas scandal
21 February 2020
On February 20, it was announced that Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte had fired all officials and employees of the Bureau of Immigration (PI) who were allegedly involved in the so-called “Pastillas” bribery scandal. The scheme allowed Chinese Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) workers to enter the Philippines without a work visa.
- Duterte government denies ignoring POGO anomalies
19 February 2020
The Philippines government is scrambling to deal with the Pastillas scheme alleged by Philippine Senator Risa Hontiveros.
- Philippines Senator alleges POGO corruption at Bureau of Immigration
17 February 2020
- Philippine National Police tapped to stop unlicensed operators
14 February 2020
PAGCOR has asked for the national police’s help in cracking down on unlicensed gambling rings.
Miss Universe 2018: Miss Philippines and Puerto Rico early favorites
13 December 2018