In recent weeks, the German states of Bavaria, Hamburg, North Rhine-Westphalia, and Berlin have been preparing the ground for the introduction of a transitional regime for German online casino and sports betting operators.
According to a draft resolution that has been circulated among the states, “[O]perators shall be offered a transition to the regulations of the GlüStV 2021 to the extent that they actually already today adapt their business practice to the expected future legal situation and limit their offer accordingly. The operators must guarantee to comply with the already technically feasible requirements for player protection and the fight against gambling addiction.”
In exchange for compliance with future regulations, enforcement against unauthorized gambling offers will be redirected to “those operators who are likely to evade future regulation.”
According to the latest proposals, operators will have until October 15 to comply with the transitional regime – provided enough states decide to accept the draft resolution.
Learn more at the October 19 Gaming in Germany Conference
Only four days after the proposed deadline, on October 19, the 2020 Gaming in Germany Conference kicks off in Berlin.
This will be an excellent moment to take stock of the current regulatory situation and to learn of the latest developments that have taken place in the intervening period.
During your visit, your safety is our top priority!
Safe and fully Covid-19 compliant
- Conference venue allows guests to keep 1.5 meters distance at all times.
- Event will take place in a spacious room where you will be seated at large, round tables.
- No networking and social events, but full conference program.
- No queues: conference program and badge will be delivered to you by courier prior to the event.
- Fully compliant with all applicable regulations and public health recommendations.
When & where
The 2020 Gaming in Germany Conference will take place on October 19 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Berlin – right at the centrally located Potsdamer Platz.
Agenda & speakers
We are happy to announce our preliminary agenda and first confirmed speakers:
- Keynote speech – Dr. Jörg Hofmann, Head of the Gaming and Betting Law Practice Group at MELCHERS Law Firm
- IMGL Masterclass: Responsible Advertising – Maarten Haijer, Secretary General EGBA & Jörg Hoffman
- Digital Transformation – Marcel Tobler, COO Stadtcasino Baden Group
- Responsible gaming – Kim Mouridsen, Professor at Aarhus University & Pieter Remmers, CEO of Assissa
- Marketing, Media, and Affiliation – Frank Hesse, Gaming & Marketing Consultant
- Technical compliance – Rayissa Manning Armata, Head of Regulatory Affairs at IDnow & Peter Murray, Director at Alexem Services