6th July, 2017 (London) – Retention, cross-selling and building brand loyalty are the key challenges facing operators in the UK, according to new research from strategic insight agency Opinium.
In a new paper titled “Gaming’s not so quiet revolution: the changing face of the UK punter”, Opinium surveyed 1,500 people who gambled at least once a month online.
The report found that:
• A good introductory bonus or offer was the most important factor for 42% of sportsbook customers when signing up to a new brand; 25% said best odds was the most important factor
• 33% of those gambling online once a month exclusively play sportsbook; 11% play bingo exclusively; 8% play casino exclusively
• The gender-split between casino-only players is closer than many think, with 57% of users male and 43% female
• UK gamblers are more likely to come from the 35-54 age bracket (43% of the Opinium sample versus 34% of total UK population) than the 18-34 bracket (30% Opinium sample, 29% UK population)
• Casino players are the most proliferate when it comes to brand loyalty, with 49% switching from their most commonly used brand, versus just 27% of bingo players
Steve Looney, Research Director at Opinium, said: “An understanding of the customer is absolutely critical to success in a market as competitive as the UK, and we are proud to publish this insightful report giving the industry a glimpse of exactly what the modern gambler looks like.
“This has been an extensive study utilising a robust methodology, and we hope the results inform both operators and suppliers to make better, more customer-centric decisions.”
The report, which includes a foreword from betting and gaming PR and marketing specialists Square in the Air, is the first in a series from Opinium.
Opinium will publish additional reports taking an in-depth look at the sportsbook, casino and bingo verticals in the coming months.
For a copy of the first report, please visit: http://opinium.co.uk/gamings-not-quiet-revolution/
For more information, please contact:
Square in the Air Communications
+44 (0) 20 3586 1978
OPINIUM is an award winning strategic insight agency built on the belief that in a world of uncertainty and complexity, success depends on the ability to stay on the pulse of what people think, feel and do. Creative and inquisitive, we are passionate about empowering our clients to make the decisions that matter. We work with organisations to define and overcome strategic challenges – helping them to get to grips with the world in which their brands operate. We use the right approach and methodology to deliver robust insights, strategic counsel and targeted recommendations that generate change and positive outcomes.