3-barrels of value as Dan Bilzerian forks out $100,000 in lottery tickets searching for the $1.6 billion first prize, nominations for the 2016 Women in Poker Hall of Fame are open, and WSOP.com launch The Big Deal.
When you are worth a reported $100 million how much does your weekly lottery bill come to?
How about $100,000?
That’s the amount that Dan Bilzerian recently spent in a bid to win the $1.6 billion Powerball first prize.
— Kiragaya Kazuto (@FastTimesAtRF) January 14, 2016
Bilzerian promised his legion of fans that should he win, five random winners would have been selected and given $1 million each. It was a nice stunt. The man who likes to throw porn stars off rooftops currently has over 15 million Instagram followers.
Son of Paul didn’t win though. The $1.6 billion first prize was divided between three lucky winners from California, Tennessee and Florida. They will each take a $310 million cut, although that drops to $187 million after you remove 39.6% for taxes.
The winning numbers were 8, 27, 34, 4 and 19.
Nominations Open For 2016 Women in Poker Hall of Fame Nominees
The nomination process for the 2016 Women in Poker Hall of Fame is now open.
There are 17 ladies in the hall, including the likes of Jennifer Harman, Cyndy Violette and JJ Liu.
Nominations are open to the general public. The criteria for selection is as follows:
1. A candidate must have been active as a player or industry leader for a minimum of 10 years prior to election and 35 yrs of age or older.
2. Player/industry leader must have contributed to the world of poker in some significant way. This person can qualify by either winning major poker tournaments, or by making significant contributions to the industry of poker.
3. Player/industry leader must be a proponent of women in poker.
4. All nominees must be approved by a committee of the Board of Directors and the Inductees.
5. Nominees must agree to terms & conditions of the Women in Poker Hall of Fame.
The board of directors are Lupe Soto, Suzie Lederer, Karina Jett and Debbie Burkhead.
WSOP.com Launch The Big Deal
WSOP.com has given grinders in New Jersey and Nevada something to smile about.
Starting 31 Jan, the online poker room will introduce a $500 buy-in tournament called The BIG Deal. The Nevadan version will carry a $20,000 guaranteed prize pool, and $30,000 for the New Jersey version. The event also takes the place of the two majors on the last SUnday of each month.
The new event will feature a 10,000 starting stack, 20-minute blinds, and the rake will also be reduced. The event begins at 3pm in Nevada and 4pm New Jersey.
Satellites are available online at WSOP.com.