Summary: the form factor of mobile is so different to laptops or desktops, (obviously) because of their size. If you think about it, using a mobile keyboard is like using a desktop keyboard with your fingers the size of cucumbers. It makes user behaviour very different.
Here are five interesting facts you never knew about mobile SEO and search behaviour:
1. Search engine watch did a study looking at the most important media source for information. 8% of us use TV as information source 43% use laptops or desktop devices and 42% of us use smartphones or tablets.
2. 88% of us use mobile if searching for a local business or establishment
3. 58% of us will go show rooming, where we go to a store, look at stuff and compare prices online
4. By 2018 its predicted there will be 6.2 billion mobile devices on the planet, that’s a lot of Internet usage
5. Com score have calculated that around 66% of the time spent on online retail sites is done through smartphones or tablets
Background: mobile usage will only increase. Google haven’t been able to capitalise as much as they would like on mobile advertising, so they will do whatever they can to make mobile advertising work for them.
Tip: if you’re holding off on making your site mobile friendly, now is a good time to sort it out before it’s too late.