Tag Archives: The Star Entertainment Group
- Asian VIP gamblers treat The Star like dogs treat fire hydrants
February 16, 2018
Australian casino operator The Star Entertainment Group reports 77% profit plunge as Chinese VIP gamblers go on epic hot streak.
- Genting Hong Kong trims losses in 2017
February 5, 2018
Casino operator Genting Hong Kong Ltd. has narrowed its consolidated net loss for 2017 after disposing its stakes in cruise operator.
- Crown Resorts says China staff arrests forced hand on Macau exit
October 26, 2017
Crown Resorts chairman James Packer says the October 2016 arrests of 16 staff in mainland China 'forced' Crown's exit from the Macau casino market.
- High rollers are finally coming back to Crown, Star
October 12, 2017
High rollers are pulling the Crown Resorts Ltd & rival casino operator Star Entertainment Group out of their doldrums as they return to Australia to gamble.
- Star Entertainment $264M full-year profit leaves analysts’ jaws dropping
August 23, 2017
Star Entertainment Group has pulled a surprising AUD264.4 million net profit for the fiscal year, beating analysts’ forecasts.
- Loose casino regulations could spare The Star, Crown casinos from future license probe
August 18, 2017
Crown resorts and The Star Entertainment Group may be spared from further scrutiny in New South Wales (NSW).
James Packer abandons Las Vegas casino dream
May 22, 2017
New South Wales to restrict Lottoland operations
October 5, 2017
Aussie regulators size up Crown Resorts’ financial strength
March 20, 2017
Crown Resorts VIP pleads guilty to $125k chip theft
March 21, 2017