Tag Archives: The Star Entertainment Group
- Crown Resorts says China staff arrests forced hand on Macau exit
October 26, 2017
Crown Resorts chairman James Packer says the October 2016 arrests of 16 staff in mainland China 'forced' Crown's exit from the Macau casino market.
- High rollers are finally coming back to Crown, Star
October 12, 2017
High rollers are pulling the Crown Resorts Ltd & rival casino operator Star Entertainment Group out of their doldrums as they return to Australia to gamble.
- Star Entertainment S209M full-year profit leaves analysts’ jaws dropping
August 23, 2017
Star Entertainment Group has pulled a surprising AUD264.4 million net profit for the fiscal year, beating analysts’ forecasts.
- Loose casino regulations could spare The Star, Crown casinos from future license probe
August 18, 2017
Crown resorts and The Star Entertainment Group may be spared from further scrutiny in New South Wales (NSW).
- James Packer-backed investment firm bets big on casino rival The Star
July 17, 2017
James Packer has successfully penetrated back into Australian casino operator The Star Entertainment Group, signaling the end of a four-year-old rivalry.
- Genting sells out of The Star; is Crown buying in?
July 14, 2017
Genting sells stake in Australian casino operator The Star Entertainment, prompting analysts to suspect Crown Resorts will make play to acquire local rival.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016