Tag Archives: SportPesa
- Kenya’s parliament rejects plan to cut betting taxes
May 17, 2018
A parliamentary committee rejects Kenyan government's proposal to cut controversial 35% gambling tax to a more manageable 15%.
- SportPesa renews Kenya football deals amid promise of tax break
April 24, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa renews some of the high-profile Kenya football sponsorships it scrapped in January due to betting tax hike.
- SportPesa rethinking Kenya sponsorship moratorium?
April 4, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa said to be rethinking its decision to scrap all its local sports sponsorships after gambling tax hikes.
- Betting firms in Kenya appeal for a tax dialogue
January 25, 2018
- Kenyan sports teams pressure gov’t to rethink betting tax hike
January 3, 2018
Kenya's sponsorship-deprived sports teams warn that they face a bleak future unless government rethinks controversial betting tax hike.
- SportPesa scraps Kenya sport sponsorships after tax ruling
January 1, 2018
SportPesa makes good on its threat to scrap the "full value" of its Kenya sport sponsorships following imposition of new 35% gambling tax.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017