Tag Archives: SportPesa
- SportPesa launches first UK market television campaign
November 6, 2018
More than two years after its UK launch, Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa launches its first UK television marketing campaign.
- Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa denies IPO reports
October 19, 2018
Ronald Karauri, CEO of Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa, denies Bloomberg report that the company is planning initial public offering.
- Kenya gov’t approves reduction in betting tax from 35% to 15%
September 21, 2018
Kenyan betting operators are celebrating after the government approves Finance Bill that includes reduction in their tax rate from 35% to 15%.
- Kenya MPs reject proposal to cut gambling tax from 35% to 15%
September 3, 2018
Kenya's parliament has rejected the latest proposal to roll back the new 35% uniform tax on all gambling revenue to a more sensible 15%.
- Kenya’s parliament rejects plan to cut betting taxes
May 17, 2018
A parliamentary committee rejects Kenyan government's proposal to cut controversial 35% gambling tax to a more manageable 15%.
- SportPesa renews Kenya football deals amid promise of tax break
April 24, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa renews some of the high-profile Kenya football sponsorships it scrapped in January due to betting tax hike.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017