Tag Archives: SportPesa
- Kenya MPs reject proposal to cut gambling tax from 35% to 15%
September 3, 2018
Kenya's parliament has rejected the latest proposal to roll back the new 35% uniform tax on all gambling revenue to a more sensible 15%.
- Kenya’s parliament rejects plan to cut betting taxes
May 17, 2018
A parliamentary committee rejects Kenyan government's proposal to cut controversial 35% gambling tax to a more manageable 15%.
- SportPesa renews Kenya football deals amid promise of tax break
April 24, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa renews some of the high-profile Kenya football sponsorships it scrapped in January due to betting tax hike.
- SportPesa rethinking Kenya sponsorship moratorium?
April 4, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa said to be rethinking its decision to scrap all its local sports sponsorships after gambling tax hikes.
- Betting firms in Kenya appeal for a tax dialogue
January 25, 2018
- Kenyan sports teams pressure gov’t to rethink betting tax hike
January 3, 2018
Kenya's sponsorship-deprived sports teams warn that they face a bleak future unless government rethinks controversial betting tax hike.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017