Tag Archives: SportPesa
- Kenyan sports teams pressure gov’t to rethink betting tax hike
January 3, 2018
Kenya's sponsorship-deprived sports teams warn that they face a bleak future unless government rethinks controversial betting tax hike.
- SportPesa scraps Kenya sport sponsorships after tax ruling
January 1, 2018
SportPesa makes good on its threat to scrap the "full value" of its Kenya sport sponsorships following imposition of new 35% gambling tax.
- Kenyan betting operators lose court challenge of new 35% tax
December 28, 2017
- Kenya lottery sues gov’t over planned gambling tax hikes
October 13, 2017
The Pambazuka National Lottery sues the Kenyan government over its plan to dramatically hike gambling taxes starting January 1, 2018.
- Kenyans don’t support betting tax hike; SportPesa lobbies Uganda
August 2, 2017
A new survey finds that a majority of Kenyans don't support plans to hike betting taxes; SportPesa lobbying Uganda over gambling regulatory revisions.
- Dafabet Kenya sued for name infringement by local design firm
July 24, 2017
Dafabet Kenya is sued by local interior design firm over alleged name infringement; SportPesa looking into launching operations in Uganda.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
PwC says Kenya’s new betting tax rate actually closer to 70%
March 31, 2017