Tag Archives: South Africa
- Caesars disposing South African casino stake to focus on ‘strategic markets’
May 17, 2019
Caesars Entertainment is selling its 70% stake in South African property Emerald Resort & Casino as it shifts its focus to more "strategic markets.”
- Lottoland opens for business in South Africa
April 4, 2019
After being granted a license by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board, Lottoland announced that they had opened operations in South Africa to begin lottery betting.
- Why the African gaming sector is BiG business in 2019 – BiG Africa Supershow 2019
January 14, 2019
Sanchia Temkin reported that gaming industry revenues outlook are expected to make a massive rise to R30 Billion (USD$2,17 Billion) in 2019.
- South Africa opposition party trolls gov’t online gambling ban
December 5, 2018
South Africa's main opposition party trolls the ANC government for continuing to oppose liberalization of online gambling.
- South Africa legislators adopt newly streamlined Gambling Act
November 21, 2018
South African legislative committee adopts a streamlined version of the National Gambling Amendment Act 2018 to ensure speedy passage.
- Illegal gambling grows in South Africa due to recession
November 12, 2018
Although South Africa's gross gambling revenue for casinos grew by 3.5% during the latest fiscal year, the ongoing recession will hinder its further growth.
South Africa to confiscate illegal online gambling winnings
October 4, 2016