Tag Archives: South Africa
- South Africa presses forward with online gambling clampdown
July 23, 2018
South Africa's government unveils new gambling regulatory changes, including further crackdowns on unauthorized online operators.
- New casino bill draws mixed reaction from South Africa gambling operators
July 13, 2018
Lawmakers in South Africa are considering the relocation of the country’s casinos to the newly established Trade Bay and eastern region.
- Sun International shuts down money-losing operations
March 21, 2018
The South African hotel and casino operator is eliminating some properties, all of which have not been producing income for the billion-dollar organization.
- Tsogo Sun builds own water supply as 3-year Cape Town drought persists
February 8, 2018
Tsogo Sun is playing Moses to its guests by striking a rock and build its own water supply in the face of a tremendous drought that hit the country.
- Bede Gaming enters South Africa with exclusive Sun International deal
December 4, 2017
Bede Gaming has agreed a landmark deal with Sun International which will see Bede enter the South African market for the first time.
- PwC: South Africa GGR to grow $2.45B in 2021
November 16, 2017
PwC’s gaming report showed that South Africa's gross gambling revenue is expected to grow 5.1 percent by 2021.
South Africa to confiscate illegal online gambling winnings
October 4, 2016
Casinos still king in South Africa, but sports betting’s the prince
September 7, 2017
Sun International site Sunbet to ride South Africa’s sports betting boom
November 23, 2013