Tag Archives: South Africa
- Why the African gaming sector is BiG business in 2019 – BiG Africa Supershow 2019
January 14, 2019
Sanchia Temkin reported that gaming industry revenues outlook are expected to make a massive rise to R30 Billion (USD$2,17 Billion) in 2019.
- South Africa opposition party trolls gov’t online gambling ban
December 5, 2018
South Africa's main opposition party trolls the ANC government for continuing to oppose liberalization of online gambling.
- South Africa legislators adopt newly streamlined Gambling Act
November 21, 2018
South African legislative committee adopts a streamlined version of the National Gambling Amendment Act 2018 to ensure speedy passage.
- Illegal gambling grows in South Africa due to recession
November 12, 2018
Although South Africa's gross gambling revenue for casinos grew by 3.5% during the latest fiscal year, the ongoing recession will hinder its further growth.
- South African gambling sector looks promising despite economy cooling
October 18, 2018
Data shows that gross gambling revenues (GGR) in South Africa are forecast to exceed to R35 billion in 2021 (£1.85bn), a 5.1% compound annual increase.
- South Africa presses forward with online gambling clampdown
July 23, 2018
South Africa's government unveils new gambling regulatory changes, including further crackdowns on unauthorized online operators.
South Africa to confiscate illegal online gambling winnings
October 4, 2016
Casinos still king in South Africa, but sports betting’s the prince
September 7, 2017