Tag Archives: shinzo abe
- Snap election threatens Japan’s casino legislative progress
September 18, 2017
Japan's casino legislative plans could face further delays after reports that Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is mulling a snap election in the fall.
- ‘Single, tightly secured’ casinos on the horizon for Japan’s IRs
June 14, 2017
Despite reports that it won’t likely come up for debate until next year, Japan’s second casino legislation is steadily taking shape.
- Japan PM Abe wants casino regulation law enacted by Q3
April 7, 2017
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has buckled down to work on regulations that will ensure casinos are managed properly.
- Osaka group lodges problem gambling bill to boost Japan IR chances
February 27, 2017
Japan's casino policies forward, members of the opposition party have come up with a new legislation that will deal with problem gamblers in the country.
- Japan’s LDP may force action to bulldoze casino bill through Diet
December 13, 2016
Fierce protests from opposing Japanese lawmakers have caused the deliberations over a bill to legalize casino gambling to drag into Tuesday evening,
- Japan’s Prime Minister defends casino legislative push
December 7, 2016
Japanese PM Shinzo Abe defends government's push to legalize casinos, saying he was "not a dictator" and his party has tried hard to win consensus.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
bitFlyer rolls out Visa-powered Bitcoin prepaid card in Japan
October 10, 2017
Weakening Japanese yen could lead to bitcoin price surge
April 25, 2017