Tag Archives: shinzo abe
- Report: Trump personally lobbied Japan PM on Sands’ casino bid
October 10, 2018
ProPublica reports that US President Donald Trump personally lobbied Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Las Vegas Sands' bid for Japan casino license.
- Japan PM Abe’s popularity plunges over casino law, flood
July 23, 2018
The popularity of Shinzo Abe among the Japanese citizens nosedives following the ratification of the controversial Integrated Resorts Implementation Bill.
- Japan’s PM set to sign off on casino bill this month
July 5, 2018
Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe reaffirmed the country’s position that it will pass the Integrated Resorts Implementation Bill (IRIB) this month.
- Japan residents take casino crash course ahead of IR opening
June 20, 2018
A growing number of residents have been enrolling in casino schools in anticipation of the opening of integrated resorts in Japan.
- Japan IR bill rams through opposition in lower house
June 19, 2018
Japan has taken a step closer towards opening its first casinos after the lower chamber of the Japanese Diet approved the IR Bill.
- Japan government to lift poker ban in latest IR bill
May 14, 2018
The Japanese government won't restrict casino operators from offering poker games to their guests under the latest Integrated Resorts (IR) bill.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
bitFlyer rolls out Visa-powered Bitcoin prepaid card in Japan
October 10, 2017