Tag Archives: sheldon adelson
- Casino titan Sheldon Adelson being treated for cancer
March 1, 2019
Sheldon Adelson is undergoing treatment for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, raising questions about the future of his Las Vegas Sands casino empire.
- Gamble free or die: Wire Act view faces New Hampshire challenge
February 16, 2019
New Hampshire's state lottery files legal challenge of US Department of Justice's new opinion on the scope of the 1961 Wire Act.
- Attorneys-general, state lotteries protest DOJ’s Wire Act rethink
February 6, 2019
Attorneys-general of New Jersey and Pennsylvania file request for documents relating to Department of Justice's new opinion on the scope of the Wire Act.
- Sheldon Adelson gives $500k to Trump aides’ legal aid
February 1, 2019
Las Vegas Sands boss Sheldon Adelson and his wife Miriam give $500k to legal fund set up to assist Trump cronies caught up in Robert Mueller probe.
- Pennsylvania warns online gambling licensees to comply with new Wire Act opinion
January 19, 2019
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board instructs its online gambling licensees to ensure their operations comply with the DOJ's new Wire Act opinion.
- Report: Trump personally lobbied Japan PM on Sands’ casino bid
October 10, 2018
ProPublica reports that US President Donald Trump personally lobbied Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Las Vegas Sands' bid for Japan casino license.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018