Tag Archives: saipan
- Imperial Pacific writes off half a billion dollars in bad VIP debts
March 29, 2018
Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific International writes off half a billion dollars in uncollectible VIP gambling debts in 2017.
- Chinese contractors owe Saipan workers $13.9M in settlements
March 6, 2018
Four China-based construction contractors were found to have paid 2,400 workers its workforce less than the minimum wage and overtime pay.
- Saipan Senate approves women representation in casino commission
February 26, 2018
Commonwealth Casino Commission (CCC) may soon have a female member after the Senate recently approved a bill that will add two more seats in the agency.
- Saipan gaming regulators insist they’re not corrupt
February 22, 2018
Gaming regulators on Saipan insist they're not corrupt, claim Bloomberg article on casino operators Imperial Pacific was "very unfair."
- Casino operator Imperial Pacific suing Bloomberg for defamation
February 20, 2018
Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific International says it's suing Bloomberg News for defamation over article alleging fiscal impropriety.
FBI raids offices of Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific
March 31, 2017
Imperial Pacific concerned after construction worker’s death
March 22, 2017