Tag Archives: Rodrigo Duterte
- ‘Unpredictable’ Duterte policies result in Melco Philippines’ delisting
September 17, 2018
Philippine government policies have played a role in Melco Philippines' delisting from the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE).
- No Boracay casinos when the island reopens says government
August 15, 2018
Philippines DOT Secretary broke the news with Duterte's reaffirmation that casino ban would be implemented including existing casinos prior's April closure.
- Don’t sweat suspension of gaming licenses in the Philippines
August 14, 2018
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte may have a personal hatred for gambling, but he knows where his money comes from.
- Duterte shuts Philippines’ doors to new casinos
August 8, 2018
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has had enough of new casinos in the Southeast Asian country.
- Philippine prez cancels Landing Int’l casino land lease deal
August 7, 2018
Landing International could see further delays after President Duterte ordered the cancellation of its casino land lease deal with NPF.
- Philippine prez sacks gov’t lawyer over casino permit
May 29, 2018
President Rodrigo Duterte fired a top government lawyer who expressed a legal opinion that special economic zones may issue casino permits to operators.
PAGCOR gives $200M Clark casino the green light
April 5, 2018
One year on: Gambling in the time of Rodrigo Duterte
June 30, 2017