Tag Archives: River Rock Casino Resort
- 2016 money given to BCLC high rollers wasn’t for winnings, probe finds
March 15, 2018
In an investigation over gambling practices and possible money laundering, questions have been raised over checks sent to BCLC high rollers in 2016.
- British Columbia deregisters River Rock Casino VIP host
January 25, 2018
British Columbia regulators deregister River Rock Casino Resort VIP host Lisa Gan over suspected violations of anti-money laundering rules.
- BC casinos’ biggest high-rollers include housewives, students
January 9, 2018
Internal documents show that British Columbia casinos' top VIP gamblers include housewives and students with no obvious source of income.
- British Columbia gov’t shut down investigative body after it asked to examine casino transactions
October 24, 2017
Documents reveal that British Columbia gov't shut down a gaming investigative body when it asked to probe suspicious casino transactions.
- Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017
Great Canadian Gaming Corp pushes back against media reports of sketchy VIP financial transactions at its River Rock casino in Vancouver.
- Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
A recently uncovered audit claims British Columbia casinos are allowing Chinese VIPs to 'refine' dirty money through gambling activity.
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017