Tag Archives: Phumelela
- Phumelela shares tank after it admits it can’t pay its debts
July 17, 2019
Struggling South African race betting operator Phumelela sees its shares tank after company says its in breach of $25.5m in loan covenants.
- South Africa’s Phumelela cutting 500 staff as share price plunges
July 4, 2019
South African race and sports betting operator Phumelela Gaming & Leisure cutting 500 staff and closing some shops as share price tanks.
- New racing service launches in Africa
February 6, 2018
Kiron Interactive and Phumelela Gaming and Leisure Limited have agreed a partnership to launch a fixed odds betting channel.
- South African online gambling bill published; Phumelela fee irks bookies
April 24, 2014
South Africa MP Geordin Hill-Lewis publishes draft online gambling bill; Betflash launch in-play offering; bookies protest Phumelela fee.
- New Greek EC complaints; OPAP profit slumps; Intralot Taiwan lottery deal
May 29, 2013
Greece online gambling stance prompts complaints by RBA and EGBA; OPAP profit slumps on new tax; Intralot wins Taiwan lottery contract
- Sports betting boosts Phumelela’s H1; Tsogo Sun to expand Gauteng casinos
April 12, 2013
South Africa's Phumelela sees H1 revenues rise on the strength of fixed-odds sports betting operations; Tsogo Sun expands Gauteng casinos
South Africa to confiscate illegal online gambling winnings
October 4, 2016
Sun International site Sunbet to ride South Africa’s sports betting boom
November 23, 2013