Tag Archives: PASPA
- MLB wants a slice of sports betting revenue in Kansas, too
March 14, 2018
Lawmakers are setting their sights on the multi-million dollar potential of sports betting business in Kansas—and so is the Major League Baseball.
- Gambling and the Law: SCOTUS in the PASPA sausage factory
March 6, 2018
An update on the Supreme Court of the United States about the oral arguments in the New Jersey sports betting case that took place last December 4, 2017.
- NBA’s 1% demand of sports bets could doom the industry before it gets going
The NBA and MLB have demanded 1% of all wagers if PASPA is repealed, a decision could kill the industry before it even gets warmed up.
- Oklahoma lawmakers eye legal sports betting at tribal casinos
February 28, 2018
Oklahoma has officially joined the mad dash to pass a sports betting bill in case the U.S. Supreme Court (SC) decides to strike down the 1992 PASPA.
- West Virginia sports betting bill secures House committee’s nod
February 27, 2018
A bill seeking to legalize sports wagering in West Virginia has taken a a step closer to Gov. Jim Justice’s desk.
- DraftKings hires Sean Hurley as new ‘head of sportsbook’
Daily fantasy sports operator DraftKings hires former Amelco exec Sean Hurley as its new 'head of sportsbook' in expectation of legal wagering in US.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Why the DraftKings & FanDuel merger may not go ahead
March 24, 2017
Maine legalizes daily fantasy sports
August 3, 2017
New Jersey formally approves daily fantasy sports
August 25, 2017