Tag Archives: PASPA
- The Mouthpiece: Everybody wants to regulate sports betting
September 5, 2018
The measures proposed in the U.S. Senate regarding federal licensing of sports betting range from the totally unnecessary to the outright un-Constitutional.
- Sen. Orrin Hatch vows (again) to intro federal sports betting rules
August 24, 2018
Sen. Orrin Hatch gives speech on Senate floor vowing (again) to introduce federal sports betting legislation over the next few weeks.
- The Mouthpiece: Will expanded sports betting force a decision on jurisdiction?
July 18, 2018
The existing interstate/international system for horse racing might soon affect markets for other sorts of gambling, sports betting particularly.
- The Mouthpiece: Can Indian tribes offer sports betting?
July 4, 2018
For tribes, signing of class III gaming compacts gives them a monopoly on casino-style gaming. But that decision depends on what the actual compacts say.
- The Mouthpiece: Expanded sports betting and problem gambling–some legal questions
June 13, 2018
With PASPA now repealed, the U.S. is in for an expansion of legal gambling. Good news for the industry, but it opens up lots of new legal questions.
- The Mouthpiece: Perhaps the leagues should pay integrity fees
June 6, 2018
In this edition of "The Mouthpiece," Martin Owens suggests that it is not the gamblers who need to pay "integrity fees", but the sports leagues.
Legality of CS:GO Skin Gambling
February 23, 2017
UIGEA, 6 Years Later
October 15, 2012
Marketing tips for the gambling industry
August 8, 2017
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017