Tag Archives: PASPA
- The Mouthpiece: Expanded sports betting and problem gambling–some legal questions
June 13, 2018
With PASPA now repealed, the U.S. is in for an expansion of legal gambling. Good news for the industry, but it opens up lots of new legal questions.
- The Mouthpiece: Perhaps the leagues should pay integrity fees
June 6, 2018
In this edition of "The Mouthpiece," Martin Owens suggests that it is not the gamblers who need to pay "integrity fees", but the sports leagues.
- Gambling and the Law: The Supreme Court changes everything
For the first time in U.S history, the Supreme Court expressly held that the federal government cannot order states, or state officials, to do anything.
- NFL seeks uniform standards on US sports gambling
May 22, 2018
NFL is seeking a uniform set of rules for sports betting following the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to strike down the PASPA of 1992.
- Phil Hellmuth, other poker pros react to repeal of PASPA
May 18, 2018
Several poker pros have begun to voice their opinion on the U.S. Supreme Court decision to overturn PASPA.
- PASPA defeat may be a boon to online poker
May 16, 2018
With the PASPA now officially dead, the results should also be a huge plus for online poker.
‘Game of skill’ allows users to bet on bitcoin price movements
September 1, 2017
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
New Jersey invites sports betting ops to start licensing process
February 16, 2018
Delaware silently preparing for US sports betting D-day
December 27, 2017