Tag Archives: New South Wales
- Two New South Wales venues under fire for gambling violations
June 21, 2019
Regulatory authority has submitted a complaint against two hotels that have reportedly served drinks to gamblers in an effort to get them sloshed enough that they wouldn’t want to relinquish their poker machines.
- Gambling companies tap dance around New South Wales ad restrictions
May 13, 2019
Australia’s New South Wales (NSW) has been trying to clean up the industry, but the state is finding that gambling operators have gotten very good at dancing and sidestepping regulations.
- Australia’s PointsBet slapped with charges over gambling ads
April 12, 2019
PointsBet was forced to appear in a New South Wales District Court to respond to a charge by regulators that it was advertising its operations illegally.
- NSW uses unclaimed gambling winnings to fund Jackie Chan film
October 24, 2018
While most people go to casinos to get some extra cash, unclaimed winnings will go to different uses as what happens in New South Wales (NSW).
- Gambling machine ban in NSW gets support from Northern Beaches
September 27, 2018
The Northern Beaches Council has approved a plan to reduce the number of gambling machines and is now calling on the NSW government to do the same.
- Star Entertainment wants a 61-story hotel in NSW’s casino district
August 16, 2018
Star Entertainment Group petitioned to New South Wales government for the rights to build a casino that will house a Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
March 12, 2018
David Walsh offers insights into Punters Club’s wagering ways
December 14, 2013