Tag Archives: New South Wales
- NSW uses unclaimed gambling winnings to fund Jackie Chan film
October 24, 2018
While most people go to casinos to get some extra cash, unclaimed winnings will go to different uses as what happens in New South Wales (NSW).
- Gambling machine ban in NSW gets support from Northern Beaches
September 27, 2018
The Northern Beaches Council has approved a plan to reduce the number of gambling machines and is now calling on the NSW government to do the same.
- Star Entertainment wants a 61-story hotel in NSW’s casino district
August 16, 2018
Star Entertainment Group petitioned to New South Wales government for the rights to build a casino that will house a Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
- Crown Resorts sues NSW government over iconic Sydney Harbor view
August 9, 2018
Crown Resorts Ltd. has challenged the New South Wales (NSW) government to a legal tug-of-war over the iconic Sydney Harbor view.
- New South Wales to impose 10% online sports betting point of consumption tax
June 13, 2018
The Australian state of New South Wales will impose a 10% tax on online betting revenue derived from NSW punters starting January 1, 2019.
- Online gambling tax proposal may add $78M to New South Wales coffers
March 8, 2018
Online gambling operators in New South Wales are bracing for a new tax regime that is expected to inject an additional AUD100 million into the state funds.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
March 12, 2018