Tag Archives: Macau
- Macau gambling income from inward investments up 34.5% in 2017
October 15, 2018
Income from inward direct investments in gaming in Macau reached MOP37.9 billion ($4.7 billion) in 2017, a year-on-year increase of 34.5%.
- Junkets remit $42M in taxes to Macau gov’t in 2017: report
October 11, 2018
The Macau government made MOP336.8 million ($41.8 million) in taxes from junket operators in 2017, 23.6% higher year on year.
- Macau continues crackdown on illicit money exchanges
Gaming-related crime is already down compared to last year and the city continues its efforts to ensure this trend doesn’t stop.
- Macau Golden Week strong despite lower visitation
October 10, 2018
Visitation to Macau for Golden Week, was lower than expected, however, gross gaming revenue (GGR) didn’t suffer as they had thought.
- Owner increases stake in Macau Grand Emperor Hotel
October 9, 2018
Emperor International Holdings announced an increase of its subsidiary’s stake in the operator of Macau’s Grand Emperor Hotel from 60% to 75%.
- Macau’s Golden Week performance weaker than expected
Macau’s Golden Week, which marks the celebration of the anniversary of the founding of China, got off to a strong start just over a week ago.
8 Chinese Gambling Superstitions
March 12, 2014
Macau units lift Wynn Resorts Q2 net revenues
July 26, 2017
Stephen Hung abandons floundering Macau hotel project
January 31, 2018
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
February 17, 2017
Hong Kong, Macau now joined by ‘bridge of death’
April 2, 2018