Tag Archives: Lawrence Ho
- Ruling party wants 6 Japanese cities to host casino resorts
March 12, 2018
Members of Japan’s ruling coalition party are considering granting the coveted casino licenses to as many as six cities.
- PAGCOR chief: Melco willing to increase investments in the Philippines
January 15, 2018
Hong Kong-listed casino operator Melco Resorts and Entertainment is planning to increase its stake in the Philippines, according to state regulator PAGCOR.
- Melco antes up bet on Cyprus casino venture
December 19, 2017
Melco International Development Ltd. is punting big on its casino project in the Republic of Cyprus as it increases its stake by more than 4 percent.
- Lawrence Ho sells entire Summit Ascent stake
December 18, 2017
Lawrence Ho is divesting the remainder of his stake in casino operator Summit Ascent Holdings Ltd. as he looks for other opportunities elsewhere.
- Japan pushes for speedy passage of gambling addiction bill
December 1, 2017
Japan's ruling coalition reintroduces gambling addiction bill to Diet, pushes for passage before legislators break for the year on December 9.
- Melco Resorts to move HQ to Japan if casino bid accepted
Melco Resorts & Entertainment CEO Lawrence Ho pledges to move corporate HQ to Japan if company wins a coveted Japanese integrated resorts license.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
bitFlyer rolls out Visa-powered Bitcoin prepaid card in Japan
October 10, 2017
Weakening Japanese yen could lead to bitcoin price surge
April 25, 2017