Tag Archives: Kangwon Land
- Unlawfully-hired Kangwon Land staff face chopping block
March 16, 2018
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has kicked more than 200 employees out of the state-owned Kangwon Land’s premises.
- Hiring scandal trail leads South Korea prosecutors back to Kangwon Land
March 12, 2018
The Korea Times reported that prosecutor raided Kangwon Land – the only casino at which South Korean citizens are legally permitted to gamble.
- Kangwon Land casino floor to shut two hours earlier
February 2, 2018
South Korea's Kangwon Land announces that it will close its casino floor two hours earlier each morning starting April 1 to comply with government order.
- Landing International puts off Jeju Shinhwa World casino opening
January 3, 2018
Landing International is postponing the opening of its casino on Jeju Island after the provincial council decided to sit on its relocation request.
- South Korean revenue cap policy to hit Kangwon Land: JP Morgan
December 18, 2017
- Cronyism charges send ex-Kangwon Land boss to jail
December 4, 2017
Korean authorities have arrested the former CEO of casino operator Kangwon Land along with several others on allegations of cronyism.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
Chinese tourists maintain biggest spenders’ crown
April 13, 2017