Tag Archives: Kangwon Land
- Kangwon Land reports hefty drop in Q1 2018 revenue
May 14, 2018
Kangwon Land net income fell to $71.1m for Q1, while YoY sales were down 7.5% with operating income dropping 22.4% to $118m.
- Unlawfully-hired Kangwon Land staff face chopping block
March 16, 2018
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has kicked more than 200 employees out of the state-owned Kangwon Land’s premises.
- Hiring scandal trail leads South Korea prosecutors back to Kangwon Land
March 12, 2018
The Korea Times reported that prosecutor raided Kangwon Land – the only casino at which South Korean citizens are legally permitted to gamble.
- Kangwon Land casino floor to shut two hours earlier
February 2, 2018
South Korea's Kangwon Land announces that it will close its casino floor two hours earlier each morning starting April 1 to comply with government order.
- Landing International puts off Jeju Shinhwa World casino opening
January 3, 2018
Landing International is postponing the opening of its casino on Jeju Island after the provincial council decided to sit on its relocation request.
- South Korean revenue cap policy to hit Kangwon Land: JP Morgan
December 18, 2017
The already-burdened Kangwon Land will face additional pressure from the government's Gambling Industry Reform Plan.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
South Korea probes Coinone crypto exchange’s margin trades
January 10, 2018