Tag Archives: Kangwon Land
- Cronyism charges send ex-Kangwon Land boss to jail
December 4, 2017
Korean authorities have arrested the former CEO of casino operator Kangwon Land along with several others on allegations of cronyism.
- South Korea’s Kangwon Land casino rocked by hiring scandal
September 12, 2017
Kangwon Land, the only South Korean casino in which local residents can gamble, apologizes for hiring scandal under former CEO.
- Kangwon Land Q2 net profit down 10%
August 10, 2017
Kangwon Land Inc extended its losing streak in the second quarter with net profit tumbling 10.7 percent from the prior-year period.
- South Korea’s foreigner-only casino sales bounce back in 2016
July 18, 2017
After a year of decline, South Korea’s foreigner-only casinos have rebounded in 2016.
- Political turmoil in South Korea drags Kangwon Land’s Q1 net income
May 16, 2017
The political heat in South Korea during the 1st quarter of the year proved to be too hot to handle as far as casino operator Kangwon Land Inc. is concerned
- Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
US gaming industry associations plead for problem gambling funding; South Korea's Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to steer clear.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Problem gamblers’ brains bad at assessing, adapting to risk
April 14, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017