Tag Archives: Japan
- Shinzo Abe avoids IR talk as government considers hitting the brakes
21 January 2020
In his opening speech to the Diet, Abe made no mention of integrated resorts, and sources say the whole thing might be put on hold after the country’s bribery scandal.
- Genting Singapore sets $10 Billion max investment for Japanese IR
Genting has layed out its plans to investors, setting a $10 billion budget, and suggesting it may go for more than one license.
- Class-action lawsuit filed in the US over Japanese bribery scandal
17 January 2020
The lawsuit accuses the New York-listed company of securities fraud for failing to divulge it was bribing Japanese lawmakers.
- Osaka implements IR communications ban in wake of bribery scandal
16 January 2020
The local government now prohibits anyone within its ranks from meeting with operators to discuss integrated resorts.
- Domestic public interest in Japan’s IR scene is waning
13 January 2020
Bribery scandals have a majority of Japanese citizens calling on the government to reconsider its plans, putting the future for casinos in Japan in doubt.
- Bill to abolish IR law in Japan could see light
9 January 2020
Political opposition forces are considering a bill to scrap the country’s casino plans, jumping on the birbery scandal that has mired the process.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
31 March 2017
Japanese gamblers face restrictions on casino visits
28 March 2018