Tag Archives: Japan
- Sega Sammy aims for ‘majority’ of Japan IR projects
October 16, 2018
Gaming and amusement company Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. hopes to play a big part, including as a casino operator, in Japan’s planned IR projects.
- Japan official denies rumor Trump asked for special Sands consideration
October 15, 2018
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga has denied the rumors regarding the conversation between Trump and Abe.
- Japan’s gamblers really don’t like paying taxes on their winnings
October 10, 2018
Japan's gamblers really don't like paying taxes on their winnings, according to a new survey by the country's Board of Audit.
- Report: Trump personally lobbied Japan PM on Sands’ casino bid
ProPublica reports that US President Donald Trump personally lobbied Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Las Vegas Sands' bid for Japan casino license.
- Okinawa has a new governor and he’s not a fan of gambling
October 3, 2018
If Okinawans wanted an IR before, their chances are slim, as the newly elected governor for the prefecture is as anti-gambling as was his predecessor.
- Caesars wants ‘100-year partnership’ with Japan
September 27, 2018
The casino operator Caesars Entertainment has raised the curtain on a “100 Year Partnership for Japan” campaign.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
It may be too little too late for Caesars
April 10, 2018