Tag Archives: integrated resort
- Domestic public interest in Japan’s IR scene is waning
13 January 2020
Bribery scandals have a majority of Japanese citizens calling on the government to reconsider its plans, putting the future for casinos in Japan in doubt.
- Chiba opts out of casino bid as commission ready to convene
8 January 2020
Citing the amount of time and energy that could be wasted on an IR bid, Chiba's mayor has decided to stay out of it all.
- Hokkaido not ready to throw in the towel on integrated resorts
19 December 2019
Business people and operators are a bit upset that Hokkaido’s governor has given up on an integrated resort for the prefecture.
- Osaka looking for potential 2026 integrated resort opening
17 December 2019
Osaka has been hoping to have its resort done by 2025, but realistic timelines suggest it won’t happen by then.
- Wakayama prepares to casino RFP in spring 2020
12 December 2019
Wakayama is getting ready to get serious about its integrated resort chances, with a spring timeline for its request for proposal process.
- Hokkaido may drop out of Japanese IR competition
29 November 2019
Hokkaido was facing a mixed opinion amongst residents about if a casino would be a good fit in their neighborhood.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
31 March 2017
SJM Grand Lisboa has a new president
8 October 2018
Japanese gamblers face restrictions on casino visits
28 March 2018