Tag Archives: greece
- Greece to announce Hellinikon casino concession tender this week
February 19, 2019
Casino operators looking to Greece for their possible expansion efforts are starting to move into overdrive.
- Germany, Greece go after Paddy Power, demand tax payment
February 14, 2019
Gambling giant Paddy Power Betfair is pulling out their wallet. It has been slapped with a large tax bill from both Germany and Greece.
- Greece’s online gambling revenue on pace for record 2018
January 31, 2019
Greece's online gambling revenue over the first 11 months of 2018 hits €356m, handily surpassing land-based casino revenue of €223m.
- Greek government unveils new casino licensing plans
December 6, 2018
The Greek government tables an amendment spelling out terms and conditions for licensing new casinos, including the Elliniko integrated resort project.
- Porto Rio Hotel & Casino in Greece turns off casino lights amid strike
November 28, 2018
The casino has been closed indefinitely due to employees dispute, who are on strike after the casino asked them to reduce their work hours and pay cut.
- OPAP sports betting revenue falls despite World Cup wagering
Greek lottery and betting operator OPAP revenue rises in Q3, largely on the strength of new video lottery terminals, as sports betting revenue falls.
Greece to launch casino tender for €8b Hellinikon resort project
February 23, 2018
Greece’s new online gambling licenses to be made available in October
September 17, 2016
Report urges Greece to stick with 35% online gambling tax
January 30, 2018
Greece hits GVC Holdings with €187m back-tax demand
January 25, 2018
Greece’s Loutraki casino wins major back-tax fight with gov’t
January 24, 2018