Tag Archives: greece
- Greek government unveils new casino licensing plans
December 6, 2018
The Greek government tables an amendment spelling out terms and conditions for licensing new casinos, including the Elliniko integrated resort project.
- Porto Rio Hotel & Casino in Greece turns off casino lights amid strike
November 28, 2018
The casino has been closed indefinitely due to employees dispute, who are on strike after the casino asked them to reduce their work hours and pay cut.
- OPAP sports betting revenue falls despite World Cup wagering
Greek lottery and betting operator OPAP revenue rises in Q3, largely on the strength of new video lottery terminals, as sports betting revenue falls.
- New casino planned for Greece only sees applications from US operators
October 23, 2018
Initially, there were six who drew interest in planned casino in Elliniko, Greece, but there are now only three, and they’re all from the U.S.
- Greece’s online sports betting market on pace for record 2018
October 1, 2018
Greece's 24 'transitional' licensed online sports betting operators report turnover up 24% and revenue up 30% in first half of 2018.
- Greece’s OPAP signs $58M deal to acquire Stoiximan Group
September 26, 2018
Greek gambling company OPAP has announced that it has signed an agreement to purchase a 36.75% stake in TCB Holdings.
Greece’s new online gambling licenses to be made available in October
September 17, 2016
Greece to launch casino tender for €8b Hellinikon resort project
February 23, 2018
Greece hits GVC Holdings with €187m back-tax demand
January 25, 2018
Report urges Greece to stick with 35% online gambling tax
January 30, 2018
Greece’s Loutraki casino wins major back-tax fight with gov’t
January 24, 2018