Tag Archives: greece
- Greece’s online sports betting market on pace for record 2018
October 1, 2018
Greece's 24 'transitional' licensed online sports betting operators report turnover up 24% and revenue up 30% in first half of 2018.
- Greece’s OPAP signs $58M deal to acquire Stoiximan Group
September 26, 2018
Greek gambling company OPAP has announced that it has signed an agreement to purchase a 36.75% stake in TCB Holdings.
- OPAP’s new online sportsbook just weeks away as H1 profits soar
September 13, 2018
Greek lottery and betting operator OPAP reports surge in H1 profits thanks to World Cup wagering, more VLTs and self-service betting terminals.
- Greece finally unveils new online gambling licensing plans
September 10, 2018
Greece's Ministry of Finance finally unveils its oft-delayed plans to revamp its permanent online gambling licensing regime.
- Greece-approved online betting turnover tops €5.3b in 2017
August 24, 2018
Online betting turnover at Greece's 24 licensees hit €5.3b in 2017, not far off the €6b generated by all forms of land-based gambling.
- US casino ops vie for Greece’s lone integrated resort license
August 23, 2018
Greek media reports that five casino operators -- four of them American -- are the frontrunners for the country's lone integrated resort casino license.
Greece’s new online gambling licenses to be made available in October
September 17, 2016
Greece to launch casino tender for €8b Hellinikon resort project
February 23, 2018
Greece hits GVC Holdings with €187m back-tax demand
January 25, 2018
Report urges Greece to stick with 35% online gambling tax
January 30, 2018
Greece’s Loutraki casino wins major back-tax fight with gov’t
January 24, 2018