Tag Archives: florida
- Florida sports betting bill a non-starter without Seminole approval
18 November 2019
Florida intros new sports betting bill with wagering to be overseen by state lottery, but it's DOA without the support of the Seminole Tribe.
- Florida doesn’t want to answer greyhound ban challenge
7 November 2019
Florida residents took to the polls and decided that greyhound racing, once a state revenue lifeline, was no longer needed.
- Hard Rock opens guitar-shaped venue in Florida
25 October 2019
The Seminole Hard Rock empire has opened a massive guitar-shaped hotel and casino in Hollywood, Florida and it is already garnering a lot of attention.
- Florida court approves local casino to drop horses, add jai alai
30 September 2019
A casino in South Florida has found a friend in the courts, but an enemy in the horseracing industry.
- Magic City Casino lawsuit against the City of Miami to move forward
19 September 2019
West Flagler Associates, Ltd., proceeded with the lawsuit against the city and looking to get compensation on top of the project to move forward.
- Florida feds indict Miccosukee casino scammers who stole $5.3m
8 August 2019
US Department of Justice charges eight individuals with stealing $5.3m from Miccosukee tribe's Florida casino electronic gaming machines.
Bitcoin.Casino domain acquired in $28K record sale
27 February 2017
Florida voters to decide on gambling expansion in November
18 January 2018
Florida Senate supports renewed gaming compact with Seminoles
12 February 2018
Florida lawmakers pull the plug (again) on gambling bill
13 March 2018
Florida kicks off two months of gambling legislative squabbling
31 January 2018