Tag Archives: florida
- Disney continues to dump millions into anti-gambling measure in Florida
August 14, 2018
Disney continues to support the prohibition of gambling in Florida with $5m dumped into the “Voters In Charge” political action committee (PAC) group.
- New political groups emerge to block Florida gambling-control amendment
July 19, 2018
Political groups have emerged in Florida with one simple goal—to block a proposed state constitutional amendment requiring voters’ approval of new gambling.
- Virginia, Florida post record lottery sales in FY17-18
July 12, 2018
The states of Virginia and Florida have posted record lottery sales for the fiscal year 2017-18 as the allure of big Powerball and Mega Million jackpots.
- Florida tribal casino revenues aren’t exempted from federal taxes, US Appeals Court ruled
June 5, 2018
A U.S. federal appeals court has affirmed the federal government’s power to collect taxes from Florida tribal casinos.
- Nebraska teams up with Iowa to block Ponca Tribe casino
May 31, 2018
The State of Iowa has found an unlikely ally in its quest to block the Ponca Tribe from opening a casino in Carter Lake.
- Surprise, surprise: Florida lawmakers shelve gambling special session
April 26, 2018
A special session to rewrite Florida’s gambling laws is now off the cards.
Bitcoin.Casino domain acquired in $28K record sale
February 27, 2017
Florida Senate supports renewed gaming compact with Seminoles
February 12, 2018
Florida’s greyhound racing biz now a pharmaceutical free-for-all
December 28, 2017
Florida lawmakers pull the plug (again) on gambling bill
March 13, 2018
Gambling bill in legislative coma after Florida high school shooting
February 21, 2018