Tag Archives: florida
- Florida tribal casino revenues aren’t exempted from federal taxes, US Appeals Court ruled
June 5, 2018
A U.S. federal appeals court has affirmed the federal government’s power to collect taxes from Florida tribal casinos.
- Nebraska teams up with Iowa to block Ponca Tribe casino
May 31, 2018
The State of Iowa has found an unlikely ally in its quest to block the Ponca Tribe from opening a casino in Carter Lake.
- Surprise, surprise: Florida lawmakers shelve gambling special session
April 26, 2018
A special session to rewrite Florida’s gambling laws is now off the cards.
- Florida, Seminoles reach deal to extend casino revenue sharing
April 19, 2018
Florida Gov. Rick Scott extends casino revenue sharing agreement with Seminole Tribe through May 2019 but legislators still seeking special session.
- Florida lawmakers hope to resurrect dead gambling bill in special session
April 2, 2018
On Easter Sunday, Florida lawmakers hatched a plan to bring the dead gambling legislation back to life.
- Florida lawmakers pull the plug (again) on gambling bill
March 13, 2018
The bill that would have paved the way for gambling expansion in the state of Florida died on Friday after a long bout with legislative impasse.
Bitcoin.Casino domain acquired in $28K record sale
February 27, 2017
Florida’s greyhound racing biz now a pharmaceutical free-for-all
December 28, 2017
Florida Senate supports renewed gaming compact with Seminoles
February 12, 2018
Florida gambling bill sails through House Committee Vote
March 22, 2017
Texas to sit out US sports betting legalization frenzy
January 9, 2018