Tag Archives: fincen
- Argentina casino link to Hezbollah money laundering probe
August 18, 2018
Argentine authorities raid casinos and hotels in a border area near Brazil and Paraguay in probe of alleged money laundering linked to Hezbollah.
- California card room catches $3m break from fed watchdog
May 7, 2018
California Artichoke Joe's Casino has $8m FinCEN penalty for shoddy AML practices cut by $3m; tribes losing patience with state regulators over card rooms.
- Another California card room fined millions for AML lapses
November 21, 2017
Federal watchdogs impose $8m penalty on Artichoke Joe's Casino in San Bruno, California, for shoddy anti-money laundering practices.
- US casino lobby seeks feds’ clarification on marijuana money
August 3, 2017
The American Gaming Association asks the federal government to clarify its stance on casinos accepting wagers made with marijuana-related money.
- Tinian Dynasty’s rescuers balk at paying former owners’ $75m fine
December 20, 2016
Tinian Dynasty casino's new investors put off by US Treasury Department's insistence that they honor the $75m fine levied against casino' former owners.
- Imperial Pacific says it’s not subject of FinCEN probe
November 16, 2016
Imperial Pacific refutes Bloomberg report that its temporary Saipan casino is the subject of a US financial watchdog probe.
Gionee CEO lost $144m gambling at Imperial Pacific casino
November 29, 2018
FBI raids offices of Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific
March 31, 2017