Tag Archives: fincen
- California card room catches $3m break from fed watchdog
May 7, 2018
California Artichoke Joe's Casino has $8m FinCEN penalty for shoddy AML practices cut by $3m; tribes losing patience with state regulators over card rooms.
- Another California card room fined millions for AML lapses
November 21, 2017
Federal watchdogs impose $8m penalty on Artichoke Joe's Casino in San Bruno, California, for shoddy anti-money laundering practices.
- US casino lobby seeks feds’ clarification on marijuana money
August 3, 2017
The American Gaming Association asks the federal government to clarify its stance on casinos accepting wagers made with marijuana-related money.
- Tinian Dynasty’s rescuers balk at paying former owners’ $75m fine
December 20, 2016
Tinian Dynasty casino's new investors put off by US Treasury Department's insistence that they honor the $75m fine levied against casino' former owners.
- Imperial Pacific says it’s not subject of FinCEN probe
November 16, 2016
Imperial Pacific refutes Bloomberg report that its temporary Saipan casino is the subject of a US financial watchdog probe.
- Report: Imperial Pacific’s VIP success attracts US watchdog
November 15, 2016
Imperial Pacific's runaway success in attracting VIP gamblers to its Saipan casino may have also attracted the interest of US financial watchdogs.
FBI raids offices of Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific
March 31, 2017
Wynn Macau VIP dealer on the lam with $6.1m in stolen chips
January 17, 2018