Tag Archives: European Commission
- EU: online gambling domain blocking popular but ineffective
February 5, 2019
A new European Commission report claims that online gambling domain blocking is popular among member states but largely ineffective.
- Greece opens consultation on Hellinikon resort casino license
August 13, 2018
Greece gaming regulators open public consultation on the tender for the sole casino license at the Hellinikon integrated resort project.
- LeoVegas ramps up fight against Italy’s gambling advertising ban
July 20, 2018
LeoVegas says its Q2 earnings are up due to lower marketing spending, while company files European Commission complaint over Italy's gambling ad ban.
- Sweden delays start of iGaming licensing to August
April 4, 2018
While Sweden had anticipated beginning the licensing process on July 1, the legislation it submitted to the EC now puts that date as August 1.
- EU ombudsman to online gambling firms: you don’t matter
March 9, 2018
EU's official ombudsman rejects European Gaming and Betting Association claim that the European Commission mishandled online gambling complaints.
- EU court affirms online gambling guidelines
February 20, 2018
CJEU has thrown out a petition from the government of Belgium seeking to annul the online gambling guidelines set by the European Commission.
EU ombudsman to online gambling firms: you don’t matter
March 9, 2018
European Commission washes its hands of online gambling
December 7, 2017