Tag Archives: European Commission
- Greece opens consultation on Hellinikon resort casino license
August 13, 2018
Greece gaming regulators open public consultation on the tender for the sole casino license at the Hellinikon integrated resort project.
- LeoVegas ramps up fight against Italy’s gambling advertising ban
July 20, 2018
LeoVegas says its Q2 earnings are up due to lower marketing spending, while company files European Commission complaint over Italy's gambling ad ban.
- Sweden delays start of iGaming licensing to August
April 4, 2018
While Sweden had anticipated beginning the licensing process on July 1, the legislation it submitted to the EC now puts that date as August 1.
- EU ombudsman to online gambling firms: you don’t matter
March 9, 2018
EU's official ombudsman rejects European Gaming and Betting Association claim that the European Commission mishandled online gambling complaints.
- EU court affirms online gambling guidelines
February 20, 2018
CJEU has thrown out a petition from the government of Belgium seeking to annul the online gambling guidelines set by the European Commission.
- European Commission washes its hands of online gambling
December 7, 2017
European Commission confirms that it's dropping all online gambling infringement procedures, leaving all such matters up to national courts.
iGaming in Sweden clears EU hurdle
March 22, 2018
EU ombudsman to online gambling firms: you don’t matter
March 9, 2018
UK online gambling operators told to purge kid-friendly marketing
October 22, 2017