Tag Archives: British Columbia
- Parq Vancouver casino bleeding red ink under new AML rules
November 27, 2018
Parq Vancouver, British Columbia's newest and largest gaming venue, reports losses of C$108.3m in the first nine months of 2018.
- British Columbia makes another attempt at money laundering crackdown
November 20, 2018
Casinos in British Columbia have been reeling from the fallout of a money-laundering scandal that has now spanned more than three years – and counting.
- Parq Vancouver casino denies Drake’s ‘profiling’ claim
November 5, 2018
Parq Vancouver casino denies 'profiling' claim by hip hop megstar Drake, saying it was only following BC's strict new anti-money laundering rules.
- British Columbia’s casinos need help observing new AML rules
October 24, 2018
BC Lottery Corporation appoints third-party auditor after finding need for "additional third-party oversight" of AML compliance at three largest casinos.
- Report: River Rock Casino staff shred VIP gambler documents
August 29, 2018
Global News reports that staff at British Columbia's River Rock Casino shred documents related to VIP gambling transactions.
- British Columbia sets another online gambling revenue record
British Columbia's government-run online gambling monopoly reports revenue rising 14.5% to C$180.6m despite customer ranks appearing to remain static.
Woodbine Casino launches Toronto’s first live table games
September 1, 2018
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017