Tag Archives: British Columbia
- Report: independent gaming regulator key to British Columbia casinos’ money laundering woes
June 27, 2018
A savage new government report says British Columbia needs to establish an independent gaming regulator to rein in money laundering at BC casinos.
- British Columbia goes after suspected money launderer’s casino chips
June 25, 2018
The Canadian Civil Forfeiture is seeking to get ahold of some CAD75,000 worth of casino chips that have been confiscated from a Chinese high roller.
- British Columbia casinos under pressure to ban high-limit games
June 22, 2018
A new poll finds strong support for eliminating high-limit table games at British Columbia casinos; OpenBet inks new sports betting deal with BCLC.
- BC casinos see huge decline in casino-cash transactions
April 3, 2018
BC District Attorney David Eby told Canadian legislators that “suspicious” cash transactions in casinos had dropped by a considerable amount as of February.
- BCLC could lose $67M a year if high stakes transactions are nixed: report
March 20, 2018
BC regulators have been looking at different ways to control the rampant violations of rules, and the latest is not sitting well with the casinos.
- PlayNow.com first Canadian gov’t site to launch live casino
February 1, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation's PlayNow.com becomes first Canadian government-run site to launch live dealer casino.
Video appears to show BetOnline live blackjack dealer cheating
February 19, 2017
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017