Tag Archives: British Columbia
- BC casinos’ table revenue slides on new money laundering rules
July 19, 2019
British Columbia Lottery Corp reports modest revenue rise in fiscal 2018-19 despite table game revenue tumbling after new anti-money laundering rules.
- Canada refuses to investigate depth of money-laundering scandal
May 24, 2019
After about eight years, there is still no clear resolution to what has been described as a massive money-laundering enterprise running rampant in British Columbia’s casinos.
- British Columbia casinos to face new money laundering inquiry
May 16, 2019
Canadian province of British Columbia to launch fresh inquiry into money laundering activity in numerous sectors, including the gaming industry.
- Parq Vancouver receives a lifeline, will stay afloat
May 14, 2019
Parq has announced that it has picked up a new equity partner and has been able to refinance its massive loans, according to company executives.
- BCLC needs help fixing anti-money laundering system
May 13, 2019
The BC Lottery Commission (BCLC), admits the inability of the current system to oversee and implement policies in its jurisdictions.
- Embattled Parq Vancouver casino defaults on loan payment
May 6, 2019
The luxury casino in British Columbia, Parq Vancouver, has defaulted on a loan payment after deferring payment twice.
Woodbine Casino launches Toronto’s first live table games
September 1, 2018
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017