Tag Archives: British Columbia
- Canadian crooks laundered money through casinos using gov’t accounts
February 4, 2019
It doesn’t appear that the money-laundering saga plaguing Canada is going to go away anytime soon.
- Paragon Gaming sells stake in struggling Parq Vancouver casino
February 1, 2019
Nevada's Paragon Gaming sells majority stake in struggling Parq Vancouver casino to PBC Group, a minority stakeholder in the joint venture project.
- Parq Vancouver casino bleeding red ink under new AML rules
November 27, 2018
Parq Vancouver, British Columbia's newest and largest gaming venue, reports losses of C$108.3m in the first nine months of 2018.
- British Columbia makes another attempt at money laundering crackdown
November 20, 2018
Casinos in British Columbia have been reeling from the fallout of a money-laundering scandal that has now spanned more than three years – and counting.
- Parq Vancouver casino denies Drake’s ‘profiling’ claim
November 5, 2018
Parq Vancouver casino denies 'profiling' claim by hip hop megstar Drake, saying it was only following BC's strict new anti-money laundering rules.
- British Columbia’s casinos need help observing new AML rules
October 24, 2018
BC Lottery Corporation appoints third-party auditor after finding need for "additional third-party oversight" of AML compliance at three largest casinos.
Woodbine Casino launches Toronto’s first live table games
September 1, 2018
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
Great Canadian Gaming reacts to River Rock money laundering talk
October 23, 2017