Tag Archives: British Columbia
- BC casinos see huge decline in casino-cash transactions
April 3, 2018
BC District Attorney David Eby told Canadian legislators that “suspicious” cash transactions in casinos had dropped by a considerable amount as of February.
- BCLC could lose $67M a year if high stakes transactions are nixed: report
March 20, 2018
BC regulators have been looking at different ways to control the rampant violations of rules, and the latest is not sitting well with the casinos.
- PlayNow.com first Canadian gov’t site to launch live casino
February 1, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation's PlayNow.com becomes first Canadian government-run site to launch live dealer casino.
- British Columbia deregisters River Rock Casino VIP host
January 25, 2018
British Columbia regulators deregister River Rock Casino Resort VIP host Lisa Gan over suspected violations of anti-money laundering rules.
- BC casinos implement new anti-money laundering rules
January 11, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation implements new anti-money laundering rules to reduce shenanigans at the province's land-based casinos.
- BC casinos’ biggest high-rollers include housewives, students
January 9, 2018
Internal documents show that British Columbia casinos' top VIP gamblers include housewives and students with no obvious source of income.
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
Ontario’s new online lottery product more Miss than Hit
January 9, 2018