Tag Archives: British Columbia
- PlayNow.com first Canadian gov’t site to launch live casino
February 1, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation's PlayNow.com becomes first Canadian government-run site to launch live dealer casino.
- British Columbia deregisters River Rock Casino VIP host
January 25, 2018
British Columbia regulators deregister River Rock Casino Resort VIP host Lisa Gan over suspected violations of anti-money laundering rules.
- BC casinos implement new anti-money laundering rules
January 11, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation implements new anti-money laundering rules to reduce shenanigans at the province's land-based casinos.
- BC casinos’ biggest high-rollers include housewives, students
January 9, 2018
Internal documents show that British Columbia casinos' top VIP gamblers include housewives and students with no obvious source of income.
- BCLC demands $500k to release money laundering documents
January 4, 2018
British Columbia Lottery Corporation demands $500k before processing freedom of information request related to casino anti-money laundering compliance.
- BC casinos hope more oversight means less money laundering
December 6, 2017
British Columbia unveils first recommendations to reduce the pervasiveness of money laundering at the province's land-based casino operations.
BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
British Columbia to pay casinos more to ensure AML compliance
November 24, 2017
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017