Tag Archives: Boracay
- Boracay Island reopens sans gambling
October 18, 2018
Following the six-month mandated closure, Boracay Island in the Philippines is now open for business – sort of.
- Galaxy’s Boracay casino to push through, chairman says
August 28, 2018
Lui Che Woo, founder and chairman of Hong Kong-based Galaxy Entertainment, is "very confident" that his company's planned Boracay casino will be built.
- No Boracay casinos when the island reopens says government
August 15, 2018
Philippines DOT Secretary broke the news with Duterte's reaffirmation that casino ban would be implemented including existing casinos prior's April closure.
- Galaxy’s $500M Boracay casino on track for 2021 opening
July 30, 2018
Not even the six-month closure of the idyllic Boracay has stopped GEG from proceeding with its $500 million integrated resort project.
- Casino construction still off-limits in Boracay, Philippine official says
July 12, 2018
The Duterte administration has reiterated its promise to keep Boracay casino-free as it announced its plans to reopen the country’s popular tourist spot.
- Galaxy’s $500-million Boracay casino on hold
May 1, 2018
Galaxy executives want – still – to try and convince President Rodrigo Duterte that Boracay is the perfect spot for its $500-million casino resort.