Tag Archives: Betin
- CalvinAyre.com’s most read business stories of 2019
26 December 2019
Here’s a look back at the top five business stories that got the most attention from you, our readers, in 2019.
- Kenya tribunal sides with sports betting ops in tax fight with gov’t
8 November 2019
Kenya's government has been dealt a blow after a tax tribunal sided with sports betting operators over how to apply the 20% tax on punters' winnings.
- SportPesa, Betin shut Kenya ops as tax fight with gov’t drags on
30 September 2019
Kenya's leading sports betting operators SportPesa and Betin shut their local operations as tax fight with government shows no sign of letup.
- SportPesa, Betin and Betway’s Kenya betting licenses suspended
9 July 2019
SportPesa, Betin and Betway -- who control 85% of Kenya's betting market -- reportedly among the operators whose Kenyan licenses have been suspended.
- Kenya sports betting operators challenge gov’t tax grab
4 June 2019
Kenya-licensed sports betting operators SportPesa and Betin file legal challenges of government's attempts to collect millions in disputed back taxes.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
30 March 2017
SportPesa given the green light to resume operations in Kenya
5 September 2019