Tag Archives: Advertising Standards Authority
- Sky CEO: UK TV gambling ad ban useless without online curbs
December 10, 2018
Stephen van Rooyen, CEO of UK broadcaster Sky, warns that a television gambling advertising ban will be useless without similar online ad curbs.
- Recent comments get sportsbooks in trouble with UK regulators
November 9, 2018
A couple of sportsbooks have come under fire from UK regulators recently for allegedly breaching anti-gambling advertising regulations.
- ASA dismisses complaints lodged against gambling operators
October 18, 2018
Two of the subsidiaries of LeoVegas, were off the hook after the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) dismissed the complaints against them.
- UK watchdog spanks Hills, Greentube in-app casino ads
September 19, 2018
UK's advertising watchdog spanks William Hill and Greentube for running casino ads in game apps, allegedly exposing the ads to kids.
- UK gambling operators warned (again) about under-18 footie ads
September 7, 2018
UK gambling and advertising regulators warn gambling operators to knock off the promotion of their business on under-18 football websites.
- UK National Lottery operator Camelot fined £1.15m
August 23, 2018
UK Gambling Commission slaps £1.15m penalty on National Lottery operator Camelot for “sufficiently serious” control and governance failings.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
September 5, 2014
UK gambling operators face stiff fines for breaching ad codes
January 26, 2018
UK gamblers turn on mobiles, tune out social media marketing
February 28, 2018
UK online gambling operators face strict new bonus offer rules
November 21, 2017