Tag Archives: Advertising Standards Authority
- 5 online gambling firms charged with advertising to children in UK
April 4, 2019
After pretending to be children online, the Advertising Standards Authority have found five online firms were still targeting their ads at under age people.
- UK ASA bans gambling advertisement for advertising gambling
March 15, 2019
The ASA has yanked a "socially irresponsible" gambling ad that featured Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling.
- UK watchdog says Betfair’s ad doesn’t breach regulations
March 1, 2019
Betfair’s November 2018 ad received a complaint, and the Advertising Standards Authority has determined the ad was mostly fine.
- UK kids exposed to fewer gambling ads than five years ago
February 1, 2019
Advertising Standards Authority report shows UK kids are exposed to 37.3% fewer gambling ads on television in 2017 than in 2013.
- British Airways gambling-themed holiday advert irks usual suspects
January 9, 2019
A British Airways television ad showing two holiday-goers celebrating slots jackpot raises media hackles, UK ad watchdog now investigating.
- Sky CEO: UK TV gambling ad ban useless without online curbs
December 10, 2018
Stephen van Rooyen, CEO of UK broadcaster Sky, warns that a television gambling advertising ban will be useless without similar online ad curbs.
European Commission washes its hands of online gambling
December 7, 2017
UK online gambling operators told to purge kid-friendly marketing
October 22, 2017
UK watchdog spanks four online operators for affiliate advertorial
September 13, 2017